Tailpipes

DougM

Established Member
Has anyone found perfect bolt-in replacement tailpipes for the 93 cobra? I've had a heck of a time since upgrading my exhaust when I bought LX pipes...and tried to get them to fit and a buddy who's much more handy than I and has worked on many, many Mustangs.....no luck.

Are there any out there you can buy and that fit? I've read somewhere that 94 GT pips fit, but don't want to buy anything with out knowing.

Thanks in advance for the help!

BiLL1024

Established Member
I installed the Dynomax super turbo cat back, fitment is great.
They sell just the tailpipes. LX is what you need.
The thing is you have to extend the hanger around an inch. I bought inch longer rubber hanger things. (Sorry I can't remember what they are called.)
If you weld, weld in an inch of steel rod to make the hanger longer.
My mack cat back the fitment was way off on the drivers side.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
The thing is you have to extend the hanger around an inch. I bought inch longer rubber hanger things. (Sorry I can't remember what they are called.)

Do you have any pics from the rear of the car with the longer rubber insulators? Can you see the longer insulators or are they still hidden by the bumper cover like the stock ones were? Some pics would be greatly appreciated! :beer:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I haven't used these but they seem to be the fix to this age old problem: Mustang 93 Cobra Exhaust Hanger Rubber Insulator (79-93) - LatemodelRestoration.com

I see that your '93 has Flowmasters. Are they welded into the stock pipes or is it a complete catback kit? If it's a complete kit, what did you do about the tailpipe to bumper cover clearance issue? My car currently has a completely stock exhaust system and I'm just trying to figure out what I'm gonna do about this issue. Any pics of your car for reference would be awesome.

Last edited:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I have a Magnaflow cat back on my 1993 Cobra. I had to do the extend thing on one side to properly lear the bumper, but other than that, the fit was good.

Users who are viewing this thread