tailpipe question for you guys

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
I just bought a 93 Cobra, the car has some vast history but with that aside I bought the car knowing it needed the rear bumper fixed, the previous owner adjusted the tailpipes poorly and seemed to have melted/cracked the bumper where the tailpipes come out. The bumper is out for repairs and paint, I want to avoid this from every happening again, My question is what tailpipes are you running with the cobra rear bumper? is there some adjustment that needs to be done? any help or tips would be great. Thanks

-Rob

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
The previous owner PROBABLY installed an aftermarket exhaust made for an LX. Prob. with that is the Cobra exhaust has long hangers to make the exhaust hang lower.

You need to buy new longer rear rubber hangers. In other words, where the metal hanger from the pipes slips into the rubber hanger, get some that are longer. About 1.5" longer IIRC. You can get these at most part stores.

BTW, if you need a reproduction window sticker, I'm your guy. :D

Or a cool shirt, for that matter. :D

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Kabuki_notch said:
I just bought a 93 Cobra, the car has some vast history but with that aside I bought the car knowing it needed the rear bumper fixed, the previous owner adjusted the tailpipes poorly and seemed to have melted/cracked the bumper where the tailpipes come out. The bumper is out for repairs and paint, I want to avoid this from every happening again, My question is what tailpipes are you running with the cobra rear bumper? is there some adjustment that needs to be done? any help or tips would be great. Thanks

-Rob

Seems your not the only one that has had this happen. I'm going tommorrow to check out an oem 93 cobra rear bumper that the owner mentioned when he installed it the lx tail pipes didn't line up? I hope he didn't melt them or **** them up. How ****'t up can you be not to lower them down where the hangers are. On a side note, I guess they don't sell 93 cobra aftermarket cat-backs just sandard lx exhaust huh> :??:

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
well I have the rear bumper off the car now, the car has 2chamber flows with lx pipes and some chrome tips I will definitly be lowering the hangers.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Is is also true that crevini makes a 93 cobra bumper a little different than the really oem bumper so there would be a tail pipe issue?

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
You could also add some length to the metal hangars--as was done to mine by a muffler shop...

Users who are viewing this thread