Tailgating

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Anyone have any good food ideas for a football game. Gettting there a good 4 hours before kickoff....Have a gas grill....Trying to come up with something new, and hopefully good.....and can't find anything....any feedback would be appreciated.... :rockon:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Simple rules I follow when tailgating(at PSU football games):

1. Always bring boozes to drink
2. Always brings extra clothes for weather, booze spills, etc.
3. Take a football, drunken middle aged men tryint to live their high school glory days is priceless.
4. Take camera or video for ^reasons.
5. Take extra smokes or booze. (Good for trading for food or other boozes)
6. Chairs/coolers(if you do not have a truck)
7. Have fun.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
beer is a must
for food, don't get cheap. burgers suck at tailgats, bbq and steaks are great

stangin99

Established Member
Here's the list me and my buddy run down everytime we go to a Giants game.

Chairs.
Cooler.
Grill.
Ice.
Propane.
Meat(lots, you can always save the extra for next game)
Buns
Beer(lots, you can always save the extra for next game or just get black-out drunk)
Condiments
Utensils(we've improvised by using a gamebill as a spatchula before)
Football.

Burgers and dogs are ok for grilling, but if you want a true feast get some marinated chicken or steaks, corn or potatoes or whatever else you can think of that could be heated up on a grill.

We're stepping it up next time we go, with hopefully bringing a beerpong table that we can set up. Nothing like inviting all the hot NYG female fans(there's actually a lot I'm surprised) to stop by your car and play a little pong ;)

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
PSU tailgates also require some form of a drinking game...best bet is bring a table and pong balls, easy game to play, drunken DIZZY BAT but i rarely see that end good..ever lol, but it will get you right where you need to be before the game buzz wise...also you could make chili or BBQ and heat it up on the spot in a pan, thats what we used to do, slap it on a hot dog or just eat it on some Buns...cant really go wrong...if you bring liquer dont forget some soda cuz nothings worse when you have no chaser, also you can always bring a beer bong....always a good time and that gets you ready for a game real quicky....have fun!

2003 Silver

Banned
I've got 4 tickets for PSU vs. Wisconsin......not sure if I'm going due to the deluge of rain today....it will be a mudfest in the parking lot.:nonono:

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
bring a flask with liquor in it, at college games i think most dont serve beer if its on campus. if they do, it will expensive concession stand beer. also i like to bring a canopee of some sort. it establishes boundaries with tailgators next to you so they dont crowd your shit, but its inviting enough incase hot chicks want to join the party.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
An EZup tent is a good idea.

Food wise; still hard to beat hotdogs/brats for easy to cook and giveaway food for those "new" friends that stop by.

Have two coolers (or more) and separate them a little. One for "general" public grabbing for those that stop in (read: Bums) and the others have your good stuff over in 'em.

KC Masterpiece makes some 30-min marinades (find them with the BBQ sauces)...they're all pretty darn good and easy to use. Works great on chicken; some are ok on pork too.

Doing a BBQ pork tenderloin is kind of a nice change as well. Nice lean meat; cook in tinfoil w/sauce then throw directly on grill. Slices nicely and serves several.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
something i dont bring but always wish i did (especially if its a late game) is a tv. it can be pain trying to blast your car/truck stereo to listen to the games in-progress. with a tv, you dont need sound to follow a game and it usually attracts people to your party. the more the merrier!!!

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Sry guys, I'm a season ticket holder and go to all Ravens games. We usually do burger/dogs, have plenty of beer,etc....I guess what i was asking is that there anything special food anyone makes that rocks the party. There will be 6 of us down there, and i wan to spend $20-30......

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Deep fried turkey, injected with cajun spices and rubbed down! Always a hit! And when the turkey's done (they cook fast) you've got hot oil for fries, onion rings, wings, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread