tail pipe question

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
Got the borla pro xs took them to the muffler shop to get them welded in. Asked to get tail pipes welded in and they said it couldnt be done because i got center offset style. SO I had to get them dumped. If I order pre made tail pipes can i get them welded in or use the 2.5 inch butt clamps i already have?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
You can either weld or clamp them. I doubt they would fit properly without some modifying with the offset/center style muffler you got, but the exhaust shop should be able to make them work. Offset/Offset would have been ideal.

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
I will go to another muffler shop then. The one I went to today just flat out said it cant be done. I hate dumps so I hope i dont have to buy exhaust again.

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
Really all you need is someone with the balls and skills to do it and $$$ of course

Helomech74

Established Member
If you're in the Ft. Campbell area, get in touch with Dusty's Welding. (931) 206-6743

The actual exhaust shops around town are garbage, Dusty will take care of you. You will need to supply all the parts (piping, bends etc.) and he will fabricate it for you. Excellent welder and fabricator. Best thing to do is get in touch with him, go to his shop and come up with a game plan, then buy the parts and have him do the work.

If I was home I would help you out and weld it all for you at my shop, but I'm out of the country on work and won't be home until this summer.

AtlanticCobra98

Ummm Yeah!!!!
Established Member
If you're in the Ft. Campbell area, get in touch with Dusty's Welding. (931) 206-6743

The actual exhaust shops around town are garbage, Dusty will take care of you. You will need to supply all the parts (piping, bends etc.) and he will fabricate it for you. Excellent welder and fabricator. Best thing to do is get in touch with him, go to his shop and come up with a game plan, then buy the parts and have him do the work.

If I was home I would help you out and weld it all for you at my shop, but I'm out of the country on work and won't be home until this summer.

yeah im in ft campbell ill give him a call. thanks a lot for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread