Tail of the Dragon

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Anyone been to the Tail of The Dragon in the NC, Tennessee mountains? Some friends and I went yesterday and it was the most fun i've ever had in the Cobra!!!I recommend it to anyone wanting to find some curves to test out their cars. Very dangerous, we used two way radios to let the others know what was up ahead, we came across several motorcycles and one 18 wheeler that ran some of us off the road. check out their website at www.tailofthedragon.com

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I've been through there a few times - my dad works for TVA and worked out of Fontana Dam for 2 years. He had a 93 Lightning at the time, and wore out his first set of tires within 18,000 miles. He said it was fun to stick through the curves with sports cars who weren't expecting a big truck to hang in the corners, the not so fun part is the crazy people on motorcycles who try to make it from one end to the other in the quickest amount of time. He said there was at least one accident per day, some very serious. The bad part about the motorcyles is they will pass you on the outside on a blind curve without thinking about it, they just like to squeeze right through - oncoming car or not...

He has actually been up there the last two weeks, working for someone who is on vacation. He says his 2001 Lightning hangs the curves even better than the 93 Lightning did.

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
I've been wanting to drive through there for a while now. Heard a lot about it. Seems like they patrol that area pretty heavily now too?

Billy

Users who are viewing this thread