Tail light bulb seals

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
So my left side tail light has had terrible condinsation since the day I bought it. I've completely dried it sevearl times, RTV'd it, tried it with a hole and with out a hole and it still manages to get some major condensation. The last place water could be entering would be around the bulb seals themselves. There are these sponge gaskets that seem to seal the bulb assembly to the housing. I put some dielectric grease around the sponge and it improved the amount of condensation I was getting, but it didn't eliminate it completely, showing that water was indeed entering past the bulbs themselves.

Where can I buy new bulb seals? I've done a google search and forum search and no luck. I really don't want to spend 200+ dollars for a new tail light if all that is leaking are the seals around the bulbs.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Best bet is a junk yard (any old ford will do...like maybe a contour, tauras, etc) or take one of those washers to a plumbing suppy house and have them rummage through their bins for you...maybe an under-sink faucet fixture washer 1" ID?

I suspect those washers only come with the new connectors/harness.

BTW: If you still have the amber turn signal cobra taillights...replacing them is more like $300+ from late model resto.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread