Tail Light Assembly

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
Are the Cobra tail lights and the GT tail lights the same? I need to replace one of mine and the dealership said they did not have a rear light light assembly for the Cobra only the GT. I don't know and am I certainly don't trust the dealership, so hopefully someone here knows. Thanks in advance.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I've been wanting some of the 99/01 Cobra tail lights for a loooong time now. Does anyone know where to pick up a set for a decent price?

rockX219

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
I've been wanting some of the 99/01 Cobra tail lights for a loooong time now. Does anyone know where to pick up a set for a decent price?

karkraft
found this a while back....I was thinking of swapping tail lamps also

TK Doom

Established Member
The 99 Taillight assembly was the best! It is too bad the Terminators don't have them...I don't mod my car hardly at all (except for the headunit), but I always think about switching those out.

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
Going back to a 99 or 01 tail light with the amber turm signal is not as simple as changing the housing and plugging in the lights. The earlier models had a seperate circuit for the turn signal NOT like the 03/04's that blink both bulbs and use both for stop lights. Think about this one again before you decide to make the swap.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
1 bad bullitt said:
One of the mysteries of the 03-04 cobra, why did they change them back to just GT lights? Anyone know or got any theroys?

It's so that when one burns out, and you tap the brakes a couple of times, the car behind you thinks you're turning and rear-ends you.

AMBER, dammit! :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread