tach help please

vnms96

Established Member
i just bought a 5" autometer tach and i cant find a good spot to mount it. i dont want to order the upr tach bracket because i dont like the way it looks. has anybody mounted one without that bracket. i really want to get it put in.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^
My suggestion would be to return the 5" tach. Use your stock piece. Why do you NEED a giant tach?

FunkyBoss

Established Member
At first I made my own bracket for my '02 GT, but eventually went with the UPR. I liked it alot, very clean look IMO.

c6_12.jpg

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i put a shift lite in, i really dont have time to stare at a tach.... but, take the cluster bezel off, and see if there is enough room to mount it inside it, then put the bezel back on. please dont drill it into the dash.

69mach03

Established Member
I personally like the tach bracket. It works fine and looks good. And is totally removable without breaking any parts or having holes in the dash (like everyone has mentioned). Although, I don't care for it. You may be able to cram the tach in the corner by the a-pillar. Turn the tach mount say 130 degrees or so and mount it to the a-pillar itself? I picked up an A-pillar on eBay a few weeks back for 10 bucks. Try to buy a dash replacement for that price. Just my 2cents

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone that has the 5" tach that can tell me how far the stocker is actually off?
My guess would be about 200 rpm

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
they're off, but i would take a shift light over a 5" tach anyday.. :-D

dsc05441vb4.jpg

dsc05442fg0.jpg

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I say you tape the sum' bitch to the steering wheel!

Id do a shift light mounted in the center console vent ... on the A-pillar ...or where bullitt66 has it..

Users who are viewing this thread