Tach and Speedo resets while logging

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
While i'm data logging with my X3/Laptop, I've noticed that my tach, speedo and odometer reset fairly often. When I say reset, I mean the tach and speedo both go to zero and the odometer shows --------- The reset only lasts about a second and then everything is back to normal.

At first I didn't seem to care, because it does NOT ever do it with the X3 disconnected and the car runs fine with it plugged in or without. The only annoying thing is that I see the blips in the datalog which makes it hard to correlate the data sometimes.

Anyone ever seen this? If so, whats the fix?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was just reading about this issue on SCT's site. It's a known issue, but there's no fix.

Savn4Mods

You serious Clark?
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I called SCT today and the tech guy I talked to told me to check a ground near the firewall in the passenger compartment. He said to follow the antenna cable and I should find it. I'll try to get around to it at some point. It's really more of a nuisance than anything.

01yellercobra

Established Member
A couple guys in the Pro Racer forum posted about it. They tried using an Xcal2 to datalog and didn't have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread