Tablets

nxhappy

Established Member
well just ordered a Fire 8, needed something for flight travel and movies. Hopefully it's decent but for the money IDGAF. What tablets do you guys have?

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a Nexus 10, Surface Pro 4 i7, and a HP Stream 8.

The Nexus is still going strong years later. I mainly use it for videos on flights. Phones have progressed so much since then that my Nexus 6 fills most of the 10's roles.

The stream 8 is awesome for the $140 I paid for but the windows 10 update made it unusable. I read books with it and am taking it to MS to reinstall 8.1. Having a full desktop operating system is awesome, even on the underpowered atom processor, you just need some patience when using it

The Surface Pro is awesome. Not much else to say. It does everything exceptionally well.

nxhappy

Established Member
I have a Nexus 10, Surface Pro 4 i7, and a HP Stream 8.

The Nexus is still going strong years later. I mainly use it for videos on flights. Phones have progressed so much since then that my Nexus 6 fills most of the 10's roles.

The stream 8 is awesome for the $140 I paid for but the windows 10 update made it unusable. I read books with it and am taking it to MS to reinstall 8.1. Having a full desktop operating system is awesome, even on the underpowered atom processor, you just need some patience when using it

The Surface Pro is awesome. Not much else to say. It does everything exceptionally well.
good to know. Do you happen to have amazon prime? I think that's what i will use for movie/TV down loads.

Do you know of any good apps for in flight movies?

olympic

Established Member
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 and an S2 (9.7"). They're well built, fast and battery life is descent.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Whippersnappers.......

In my day we used:

TABLET.jpg

If I didn't get an Ipad Mini for cheap just about any on the market seem to do the basics.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have Amazon prime and their video app is pretty good. I use MX Player for local videos and VLC for the rare weird codec. My only gripe about MX Player is the need to redo download audio codecs after updates.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I'm rocking the galaxy tab 8.4. Though I don't find myself using it very often. Was using it a lot for mapping and videos when I was living out in Utah and doing a lot over over-land wheeling.

96 cobra

Established Member
Just got my first tablet, mainly for use w/ Backcountry Navigator in the truck:
Samsung Galaxy SM-T713NZKEXAR Tab S2 8.0, 32GB

Very happy with it's size, performance etc.

Blown 89

Established Member
any good android apps for DLing movies and shows ?
It depends on how you download your shows. There are a ton of torrent apps (I've used uTorrent's app in the past) and a few good newsgroup apps such as nzbleech.

Users who are viewing this thread