Tablet Installation 2014 Mustang GT W/ Sync

SgtSyphillis

So, as technology advances so does my needs. In fact ive been told that i have confused my needs and wants. And in fact i do have a 2014 GT, So i could agree.

So here is my dilemma, i want to install a tablet in my 2014 gt. I have a few questions for those who have sucessfuly done this. Ive done some research, but i havent found much on the 2011+

as for the tablet i still have to do some research, however i plan on using nexus 7 or galaxy tab 2, if you have other ideads, please let me know!

So i found this duble din kit with climate control
Ford Mustang Dash Kit | 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 | FD1441AB | by Scosche
i dont intend to spend 429 on it, i think i found multiple sales at 249.99
so my questions are as follows:
1. Is this the only double din that is mass produced? Reason im asking is becuase i believe it will be hard to mess with the tablet due to the obstruction of the sifter knob? i was trying to look for a double din radio template that has the stereo and climate control switched so that the radio was in the center
2. is it possible to get the tablet to handle the climate control?
3. so im assuming that the tablet will connect to the GT via bluetooth, but will the steering wheel controls still work, and how do i get a radio signal to a tablet?
4. Im also assuming that the tablet will connect to 4g via my cell phone as a hotspot, but then do i just unpair my cell from my gt and pair it to the tablet to make phone calls via bt?
5.Last question i can think about before i start this huge project, i know the tablet will fit smoothly in the double din template, however how do i mount the tablet to stay put?
6. Okay i lied, this is last question. Any other things i might be missing? im sure it wont be as easy as im making it out to be

Thanks
Shane

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I don't know about others, but I can barely see the text in this post, so I won't bother reading it.
Change the color of the text, or the back ground .
Thanks .

SgtSyphillis

So, as technology advances so does my needs. In fact ive been told that i have confused my needs and wants. And in fact i do have a 2014 GT, So i could agree.

So here is my dilemma, i want to install a tablet in my 2014 gt. I have a few questions for those who have sucessfuly done this. Ive done some research, but i havent found much on the 2011+

as for the tablet i still have to do some research, however i plan on using nexus 7 or galaxy tab 2, if you have other ideads, please let me know!

So i found this duble din kit with climate control
Ford Mustang Dash Kit | 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 | FD1441AB | by Scosche
i dont intend to spend 429 on it, i think i found multiple sales at 249.99
so my questions are as follows:
1. Is this the only double din that is mass produced? Reason im asking is becuase i believe it will be hard to mess with the tablet due to the obstruction of the sifter knob? i was trying to look for a double din radio template that has the stereo and climate control switched so that the radio was in the center
2. is it possible to get the tablet to handle the climate control?
3. so im assuming that the tablet will connect to the GT via bluetooth, but will the steering wheel controls still work, and how do i get a radio signal to a tablet?
4. Im also assuming that the tablet will connect to 4g via my cell phone as a hotspot, but then do i just unpair my cell from my gt and pair it to the tablet to make phone calls via bt?
5.Last question i can think about before i start this huge project, i know the tablet will fit smoothly in the double din template, however how do i mount the tablet to stay put?
6. Okay i lied, this is last question. Any other things i might be missing? im sure it wont be as easy as im making it out to be

Thanks
Shane

BlueCoyote

Established Member
Youtube has a bunch of videos of ppl doing this. Might get some answers faster looking there. I know they are using a velcro tape to secure the tab to the bezel.

SgtSyphillis

i was looking for something a little more perm then velcro. i guess i was a little vague with what i want to do.
i would like to take this bezel and cut out a ~7 in hole to fit the tablet
Very similiar to what this guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tpgm3Eq_CI
Im just trying to figure out the best way to fabricate the bezel. For example, what tools do i need? etc....
also i was thinking that there are 2 ways to connect the tablet to car's audio, bluetooth and aux. At first i wanted to go bluetooth, first reason better quality, 2nd reason i can push the steering wheel controls to change song in playlist etc..... However im not sure if i can bluetooth the tablet for media and then bluetooth my phone for well you know, my phone. or should i bluetooth my phone to the tablet to make phone calls so that way i can dial on my tablet to call out, as well as answer with the tablet? i guess my question is can i bluetooth the tablet to my car's stereo, then bt my phone to my tablet and use my phones 4g service? as well as i would like to keep the siriusxm part of my OEM radio, so i have to come up with a way for my tablet to use my cars antenna so i dont use my phones 4g, or just use the OEM radio for siriusxm

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
i was looking for something a little more perm then velcro. i guess i was a little vague with what i want to do.
i would like to take this bezel and cut out a ~7 in hole to fit the tablet
Very similiar to what this guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tpgm3Eq_CI
Im just trying to figure out the best way to fabricate the bezel. For example, what tools do i need? etc....
also i was thinking that there are 2 ways to connect the tablet to car's audio, bluetooth and aux. At first i wanted to go bluetooth, first reason better quality, 2nd reason i can push the steering wheel controls to change song in playlist etc..... However im not sure if i can bluetooth the tablet for media and then bluetooth my phone for well you know, my phone. or should i bluetooth my phone to the tablet to make phone calls so that way i can dial on my tablet to call out, as well as answer with the tablet? i guess my question is can i bluetooth the tablet to my car's stereo, then bt my phone to my tablet and use my phones 4g service? as well as i would like to keep the siriusxm part of my OEM radio, so i have to come up with a way for my tablet to use my cars antenna so i dont use my phones 4g, or just use the OEM radio for siriusxm

Super glue :shrug:

SgtSyphillis

Maybe i could use the bezel from MySync FordTouch 2014 mustang gt, and then i can just put the tablet in place of the double din area, does anyone know what conversion kit i would have to get/fabricate to install the new bezel? the reason i want the FordTouch bezel is because it will maintain all buttons, and i wont have to cut a few off. Any ideas

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Why not just mirror your cell phone? Keeps everything all in one place. I use Pioneer appradio and run appradio unchained. Full mirroring of my galaxy plus have reception for spotify, youtube etc.

DeeJayTJ

Established Member
i just completed this same install and posted a thread in this forum about it, check it out when you get a chance :)

Users who are viewing this thread