TA performance girdle

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
I have a TA performance rear girdle and I can see some black marks on the top half of the cover where it has been hitting the spare tire well. I am running the FMS B springs and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I have the same problem. I'm running sportlines w/ poly ISO's and a granatelli girdle. My spare tire well is all dented in. You just need to take out your BFH and clearance the area a little bit more.

blackfang

Established Member
I am in the same situation. I have a TA Girdle with new installed B springs and looking to get a PHB and TA from MM.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
im sure if you call them they will let you know if it will work... or tell you what you need to do to make it work

blackfang

Established Member
I just received an Email from Chris@ Maximum Motorsports
Phil,

The TA differential cover will fit just fine with our panhard bar, as pictured below. Many of our customers are using this cover on their track as well as street vehicles.
Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your interest in Maximum Motorsports products.

Chris Phelps
MM Technical Service
805-544-8748 Tech
800-839-0928 Orders

Here are the pictures he sent me
phb.JPG

phb2.JPG

phb3.JPG

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I have the T/A girdle with MM Panhard bar and H&R SS springs, will have to take a look at it this weekend and see if it's rubbing. Will post what I find....:thumbsup:

Andrew97Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info. It helps alot. Still wondering how many people have a girdle that rubs the spare tire well.

My old '96 GT was lowered with Eibachs and the girdle hit my spare tire well. My Cobra is lowered with Steeda Sport Springs and the girdle hit the spare tire well until I dimpled it enough to clear the girdle.

Users who are viewing this thread