T66 question

csb96cobra

Established Member
Has anyone ran a T66 turbonetics on there cobra? I can pick up for really cheap and thought of using it until i can get a bigger one. If so what numbers on what boost have people made with this turbo.

SLPCobra

Established Member
Hope someone can help you out!
I'd take a guess you could probably make 550-600hp still with that turbo and would be a handful with how quick it came in haha. But all just a guess have no experience so hopefully someone can chime in with some real world data for you!

How long you been in ft Bragg?
I just moved from there at the beginning of this month, probably saw you around at somepoint lots of cobras driving around haha

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Why spend the money twice? That turbo only flows around 66lbs and would not make very much power. It would be a waste unless you wanted 500-500rwhp max.

SLPCobra

Established Member
Why spend the money twice? That turbo only flows around 66lbs and would not make very much power. It would be a waste unless you wanted 500-500rwhp max.

That's what I thought hp wise too
Yeah wouldn't be worth it for him to do that unless he was maybe getting it for a steal just to have till he gets a 76mm

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The T66 is an older unit and does not perform very well compared to most new similar sized turbos. It would run out of steam quickly, if 500-600 bucks is something you need to wait on then I don't think a turbo build is the right path for you. They are incredibly expensive and nickel and dime you to death with small things. I spent nearly that in couplers and c-clamps alone.

csb96cobra

Established Member
The T66 is an older unit and does not perform very well compared to most new similar sized turbos. It would run out of steam quickly, if 500-600 bucks is something you need to wait on then I don't think a turbo build is the right path for you. They are incredibly expensive and nickel and dime you to death with small things. I spent nearly that in couplers and c-clamps alone.

The money isnt the issue really i have most everything i need for tthe kit now just wandered if the t66 would be worth the 300

SLPCobra

Established Member
I'd have to agree with nightmare302 that you might be better off just going to the bigger turbo to avoid having to do everything twice.

But whatever you decide to do post up some numbers or a build thread!

Users who are viewing this thread