T56 trans with a few upgrades

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I just pulled this out of my car yesterday. The car has 50k on it now.

I bought this car with 46k on it. The owner said that the trans had been rebuilt buy a good shop. They installed new syncros in 2 gears and put a 26 spline input shaft in. When I had the drive shaft out of the car a while back I noticed that the output shaft looked big. It turns out the output shaft is upgraded also. Not aure on the spline count but its definetly bigger than stock. The whole trans is painted black, I don't know if they did it when they rebuilt it or the whole trans was purchased from somewhere. I have no clue! Lol

It shifts like a dream, I have a stock shifter with a pro 5.0 handle and it shifts so good I wouldn't change shifters. It has started whining some in the last 500ish miles. I don't know much about transmissions so I couldn't tell you why. Seems to do it in all gears,still shifts great with no grinding in any gears. If I had to guess I'd say its a bearing on either the input or output shaft, if so, it's a simple fix. I can get some pics up Monday if anyone is interested.

I pretty much have everything Ana needs for this swap. I have a rxt clutch for sale already that can go with the deal if it hasn't sold.

Make an offer on what you want/need. I don't really know what to ask for the trans because of the whine, so make an offer!

Thanks
Jay

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Turns out it isn't as bad as I thought! I thought the whine was something giving out in the trans. I've talked to 3 people now that all said their t56 with 26 spline whines a little also and it's normal. As long as it shifts good it is good is what I'm told.

With that said, the price goes up. Still cheaper than most tho! Ill do $1000 on this thing. Comes with stock shifter with pro 5.0 handle and yoke to fit this big output shaft.

Pm me to work something out!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Trans is sold as of right now! If it falls thru I will let everyone know.

Thanks wildstang!
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread