t56 to bellhousing bolt size

B0B

Established Member
Hey guys, putting a t56 in my mach and I seem to have misplaced the transmission to bellhousing bolts. Anybody know what size they are. I read they are M10x1.5x40mm but that was on an LS car, and I want to make sure they are the same for ours, since obviously the bellhousings are different.

DSGNator

Established Member
I'd like to know this as well. I recently rounded off two of my bellhousing bolts in my terminator. I found these FRPP ones: Ford Racing Mustang Bellhousing Bolt Kit (96-10) 4.6L M-7771-A - LatemodelRestoration.com, however I haven't been able to verify if they will work on my car. I just don't want to spend $30 on a set of bolts that might not work. I plan on visiting my local Ford parts department to see about getting some replacements. If you do find the correct size, please let me know!

B0B

Established Member
I'd like to know this as well. I recently rounded off two of my bellhousing bolts in my terminator. I found these FRPP ones: Ford Racing Mustang Bellhousing Bolt Kit (96-10) 4.6L M-7771-A - LatemodelRestoration.com, however I haven't been able to verify if they will work on my car. I just don't want to spend $30 on a set of bolts that might not work. I plan on visiting my local Ford parts department to see about getting some replacements. If you do find the correct size, please let me know!

Those are the bellhousing to block bolts. They are too long to use for the transmission to bellhousing. The threads are the same though.

Users who are viewing this thread