T56 swap

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I know that putting a GM T56 in my snake would require a custom bellhousing, does anyone know who makes these and/or where I can get one?
Also, I think the mustang T56 has the integral bellhousing, can anyone confirm this? I saw a T56 on ebay with Cobra R spec gears, but it had a seperate bellhousing, and I thought they were integral. Help is much appreciated.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
Planning some big horsepower Hammy or just looking for more overdrive?

If I were simply looking for more overdrive, I would be looking at the .50 overdrive, but I want the Cobra R spec gearing for the lower and closer ratios, but trying to find the most cost effective route.....
let's just say that 400-450 at the wheels isn't too far off in the future, just trying to get a tranny now that will hold that and have HALFWAY decent syncros.
I'll probably crack 300 at the wheels tonight or tomorrow, should have updated dyno numbers this weekend.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I have the procharger laying right here in my room. It's been laying here for about a month. It should be fun if I ever get it on.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I have the procharger laying right here in my room. It's been laying here for about a month. It should be fun if I ever get it on.

While I'm not going with the procharger, I hear it is excellent for the mod motors. I just talked to my buddy a little while ago, and the timing adjuster and u/d pullies should be on tonight, then I'll re-dyno and let everyone know the results.....know an easy way to link a pic of my dyno graph to my sig if i don't have a website?

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I have no idea as how to link pics or anything of the sort. What are you going with to make all that power? A blower or juice?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I have no idea as how to link pics or anything of the sort. What are you going with to make all that power? A blower or juice?

Novi 2000......AFTER i get the t56 in

scjmach1

Established Member
I installed a T-56 in my 98 Cobra. It does have a bolt on bellhousing that fits the 4.6. It also has the correct input shaft for the 4.6.
I got mine from D&D Performance in Michigan. They had the best price at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread