t56 magnum xl swap - wiring

Darufe

Established Member
So what did you wire the reverse lockout solenoid to?
did you guys just run a switch inside the car?
running the brake switch to it sounds like a good plan...until you want to downshift in 5th while braking o_O
Whats the best way to route all the wires?
what about the vss? i know i gotta plug that black box in but where is the best place to cut/mount/route?

reverse light sensor i imagine theres originaly a connector for that that actualy matches the amount of wires (i hope) i guess i'll worry about it when i get there.

any info apreciated

Tyler72

Established Member
I used one of these when swapping a T56 into my 96 cobra. It works flawlessly and completely mimics how the OEM systems work. It monitors vehicle speed and only unlocks the Reverse Lockout when the car is moving less than 5 mph. You might want to call and verify it will work with the speed box you are using, but really its pretty flexible on accepted signal types.

http://www.samocoind.com/T56MODULE.html

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
If you are going to spend the money for the Magnum you should go the extra and get what Tyler got. I am not sure if that is the one that I went with but I do have one wired in. Just like stock! Do not risk not having it.
I had a shop install my Magnum and they ground down the post in the stock lockout so that it would go into reverse. Problem was it would go into reverse at any speed. NOT SAFE!

mhyjek

Established Member
I have a t56 swap and if you can get into reverse by accident you are on some serious steroids. To get in reverse it takes some force; every morning during summer when I drive the car I'm like holy sh$! what was I worried about not getting a lockout solenoid. Not patting myself on the back but I can bench over 400 lbs and deadlift 650+ and still don't look forward to putting the car in reverse lol.

DrTriton

Established Member
Another option: I put a GT500 trans harness in mine and had the cal changed so that the lockout was enabled.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have a t56 swap and if you can get into reverse by accident you are on some serious steroids. To get in reverse it takes some force; every morning during summer when I drive the car I'm like holy sh$! what was I worried about not getting a lockout solenoid. Not patting myself on the back but I can bench over 400 lbs and deadlift 650+ and still don't look forward to putting the car in reverse lol.

I have the softer reverse lockout spring that i never put in. After i got it i thought about how easy it would be to put it in Reverse instead Of 5th so i never put it in. I will stick the stock spring! Yeah its really firm but it gives me peace of mind!

benzopyrene

Established Member
I am currently working on the samoco install at the moment. Will try to chime in when I figure it out. Just gotta figure out where all my positves and negatives are :)

Users who are viewing this thread