T56 Magnum Short Shifter Question

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
To any of you guys running a T56 magnum is the shifter that comes with the tranny spring loaded from 2nd to 3rd gear like the MGW or Steeda Tri-AX? Does anyone make any aftermarket short shifters for the T-56 Magnum? I know that the regular T56 shifter will not work. Thanks

Last edited:

Cobertible01

Established Member
I was wondering the same thing. I asked a while back about a MGW short throw in a different thread and someone thought it may be the same as a TKO, but it wasn't a definite answer. By the way, I went to DB today and man is it looking awesome there!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No they don't make a aftermarket shifter for it as of now. but the I had a MGW in my T45 and the stock shifter from tremec on the magnum is just as nice if not better than the MGW. Yes it is spring loaded and an awesome shifter!! I wouldn't worry to much about it to be honest.

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
No they don't make a aftermarket shifter for it as of now. but the I had a MGW in my T45 and the stock shifter from tremec on the magnum is just as nice if not better than the MGW. Yes it is spring loaded and an awesome shifter!! I wouldn't worry to much about it to be honest.

Thanks man I appreciate the info! Im going to be picking one up this spring to replace the stock t56 in my GT. One less part I have to buy if the stock shifter is good! :rockon:

I was wondering the same thing. I asked a while back about a MGW short throw in a different thread and someone thought it may be the same as a TKO, but it wasn't a definite answer. By the way, I went to DB today and man is it looking awesome there!

I saw that the TKO500/600 aftermarket shifters looked like they could work since they look to have the same bolt pattern as the t56 magnum. I really wanted to get to DB Performance for there open house this weekend but never got around to it. Is there showroom pretty big? I can't wait to check it out!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well it looks like tremec makes one, but the stock one is pretty awesome. The only thing I did was get a MGW adjustable handle for 30 bucks that they sell to perfect it.

Cobertible01

Established Member
Thanks man I appreciate the info! Im going to be picking one up this spring to replace the stock t56 in my GT. One less part I have to buy if the stock shifter is good! :rockon:

I saw that the TKO500/600 aftermarket shifters looked like they could work since they look to have the same bolt pattern as the t56 magnum. I really wanted to get to DB Performance for there open house this weekend but never got around to it. Is there showroom pretty big? I can't wait to check it out!

Yeah the showroom at DB is plenty big. They had three cars in the showroom with plenty of room to walk around. It was actually my first time there, so I can't tell you how much better it is except it looked awesome and well setup along with the shop area. I did talk to Danny for a bit and plan on doing some business with him in the future!

LaserRed02GT

Established Member
Well it looks like tremec makes one, but the stock one is pretty awesome. The only thing I did was get a MGW adjustable handle for 30 bucks that they sell to perfect it.

Okay I will definetly have to get that!

Yeah the showroom at DB is plenty big. They had three cars in the showroom with plenty of room to walk around. It was actually my first time there, so I can't tell you how much better it is except it looked awesome and well setup along with the shop area. I did talk to Danny for a bit and plan on doing some business with him in the future!

I went there and had some work done there last summer and there showroom was super super small. More like a little office cubical that a showroom. Glad to see its big! I would highly recommend DB Performance for any work done. If your car hasn't been custom tuned yet I would get a SCT Tuner and have Dan tune it. He got me 25rwhp and 35tq from my mostly stock 2002 Mustang GT 2 years ago. $400 for that so it was pretty impressive with mild bolt ons and it runs smoother now also. So its a win win! What car do you own?

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I'm with this guy^ Dan know's his stuff!:rockon: I've taken my '99 and '03 Cobra there and also plan on taking my Eclipse this spring, then my '03 in the fall again for a big project.

Users who are viewing this thread