T56 Magnum owners (Shifter Handle Question)

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
What's going guys. I'm soon to get a Magnum put in my car and was wondering what handle you guys were using on the stock shifter? Still may consider getting the White Lightning short shifter unit from American Powertrain, but still haven't gotten any solid feedback from people on how good it is. I Would need a handle for that one too anyway. Currently have a MGW Silver handle on my old T56 but know that it won't work on either shifter. Any info/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
Nice! Don't think they have those available anymore.... Anybody else with something I can get that is readily available? Pro 5.0 Handle? Or a Tri Ax handle?

SlowSVT

Established Member
My plan right now is to fab a shift handle with some set-back like this

T56%20HANDLE_zpsco1p9gxk.jpg

I just rough modeled this in CAD and is not dimensionally correct.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
My plan right now is to fab a shift handle with some set-back like this

T56%20HANDLE_zpsco1p9gxk.jpg

I just rough modeled this in CAD and is not dimensionally correct.

This is a great idea. I was debating for a while fabricating an offset bracket at work, about 1" towards the wheel and 1-1/4" towards the driver. The sifter location on this cars is terrible

usmc320

Established Member
I used the Tri-Ax handle as well. I didn't have to drill out any holes though that I remember.

SlowSVT

Established Member
OK I have refined the design a little more and this is what I have so far.

T-56%20Magnum%20shifter%20handle%20side%20view%20side%20view_zpspxvitybv.gif

T-56%20Magnum%20shifter%20handle_zpsbmptcppx.gif

I've angled the shifter ball stud back 10 degrees and tilted it 15 degrees toward the driver. Set-back adjustments are in 5/8" increments.

No cool graphics from home computer these images are a little "plain". Last week I spilled my chocolate milk down the top rad of my computer and took out an expensive graphics card :bash:

TXEnginerd

Established Member
That's cool if you have the software and tools to make your own but for those of you looking to just buy one, here you go:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sda-555-7070

I have this on my Tri-Ax and I can't imagine driving without it now. It moves the shifter handle back about an inch and a half and left about an inch (sorry, I'm going by memory here). You can also keep the handle on the same side of the bracket as the shifter if you only want to move the handle backward.

And here's a thread with more discussion about this. I forgot to go back and update after installing it:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1007341-different-shifter-arm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread