WANTED: T56 Magnum Driveshaft & Whipple 3.0

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Looking for a 04 Cobra T56 Magnum Driveshaft.
I guess the shops are on backorder but i cant tie up the car or have lifts waiting .
Gets too expensive lol.
Also looking for Whipple 2.9 gen 2
..3.0 upper pulley. Wish i was looking for the Gen 5 lol
Looking to buy a new one or get one so i can send it out to be polished.
Anyone have either one laying around i can buy or borrow till mine comes in please let me know via PM.
Thanks
Bunky

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
I would but still have to spend money on lift time to take it out and keep it on the lift till its cut and welded then put it back
Just trying to keep cost down.

IllCobra

Established Member
I would but still have to spend money on lift time to take it out and keep it on the lift till its cut and welded then put it back
Just trying to keep cost down.

Not if you take out the drive shaft at home and take it yourself to get it shortened. Removing it is easier than doing an oil change. And after parts and labor, it will still be cheaper than buying a drive shaft for the magnum - unless you get a super good deal on one. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago and decided on keeping my stock one and taking it to a shop to keep costs down. Anyway, good luck.

Rambro

Established Member
E685A8C9-47B3-4B98-B6AB-6F6CEF61968F.jpeg

I have an old 3.1 pulley. Slight ding on top right but it was fine on my car, the ding is only cosmetic. Probably won’t notice it if it’s polished. I replaced it with a 3.0 griptech.

IllCobra

Established Member
Thanks guys
@IIICobra
Even if i take shaft out in my garage how am i gonna get the car to the shop to replace the trans?

True. I forgot not everyone has a trailer. But you could always ask them to cut and balance it the drive shaft for you. Or if they're not going to work on your car right away, you can always ask if they can remove it for you and then you take it to a shop to get it done....just shooting ideas at you.

Rusty67

Established Member
I have a T56 Magnum in my Mach 1 and I used an 03/04 Cobra drive shaft. I swapped the yolk from my TR3650/factory drive shaft onto it Cobra one and it fit fine with no other modifications.

Users who are viewing this thread