T56 Input Shaft

stangin

Established Member
So can we order the T56 Input shafts now, where can I order one.. best price?

Is it an easy unbolt and replace with new input shaft, along with new 26 spline clutch disc?

dougwg

Established Member
Liberty is the ONLY place to get them.... they make them inhouse...

Liberty is also a tremic dealer!

D&D do not have the 26 Splin Input Shafts!

stangin

Established Member
Thanks Guys!

Question, is the output shaft weak as well? Would I be better off buying a viper spec for the $3000 and selling my trany for $1500 or so (with 6000 miles) or just upgrading the input shaft and not worry about it? I am worried if I upgrade to the viper spec that it will not shift as nice and smoothly as the trans I have now.. and is the input shaft a simple swap?

Thanks

99SVTAddict

Established Member
I had a Viper T56 put in my car in December....cost around $2200 for just the trans itself. Shifts fine...not as smooth as the T45 but I'm thinking it will become easier once I get some miles on it. So far I love it.

Don't forget, besides the input shaft difference the gear ratios are different from the D&D spec, Viper spec, and 03 Cobra T56.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
According to many our T56 with a 26 spline input shaft is just as good as the viper spec T56. If you put a T56 viper spec on the 03/04 its longer so you have to deal with driveshaft issues as well and H/X pipe clearance issues.

Users who are viewing this thread