T45 Upgrade options.. Need Help!

What should I do for an upgrade?

• Promotion Powertrain 750 HP T45

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Keisler Engineering T45

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Some other tranny upgrade option (Suggestions)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2Kstang

Established Member
Alright Guys.. I have searched far and wide for my options of upgrading my stock T45 after I broke the 3/4 fork a few weeks ago and I have come up with a few options, but I need some help! I am looking to hold around 450 lbs of torque with the tranny in the near future and I want something that will hold up to some "light" abuse at the track every now and then! I know of the obvious swaps to a T56 or a TKO but I would rather keep the t45 for the reasons of 1)money and 2)I like the t45's gear ratios and shifting and 3)its just easier that way :coolman:..

My first option would be Promotion whch is suposed to be good up to 750 HP
The problem there is that they are backed up for months.. I am in no big hurry but really would rather not wait that long!

My second option I have found is Keisler Engineering
They are also backed up for a long time for the same reason as promotion.. A shortage of 26 spline inputs for the t45's

I need some suggestions on some other possible options. I have heard that Hanlon motorsports possibly does upgrades.. Also is there anywhere that sells aftermarket parts for the t45 like carbon fiber synchros or billet forks or 26 spline inputs.

Any help for a newb :shrug: like me would be awesome from all those tranny experts out there! :beer:

Last edited:

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
call promotion and ask them if you supply the 26 spline input if they will have a quicker turnaround. theyre not hard to find, i bought one from lfp a few months ago.

2Kstang

Established Member
Well I decided to go with promotion.. I gave them a call today and ordered all of the parts and am going to have it built locally to cut down on some of the wait time. Walt and Wally are great guys! Thanks for all the suggestions.. Promotion FTW!

RED99COBRA

Established Member
I think that I am the only one with a bad promotion story. I would go t56 or tko if I was able to do it all over again

Users who are viewing this thread