T45 bellhousing questions!

dragracingfreak

Bowtie Killer
Established Member
Ok, I am planning on sometime this year having "thet45source" build my t45. And I am thinking about buying his adapter to get rid of the integral bellhousing setup.
What I need to know is what bellhousing will bolt to his adapter. I can find plenty of quicktimes and lakewoods to bolt to a 4.6 but I don't know which will bolt to his adapter.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I think Zak mirrored the adapter plate to that of Keilser Auto's. So if thats the case it would accept a quicktime bell housing.

-Mark

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Before you go and drop coin on that bell housing, Call Zak and confirm his accepts the quicktimes. I remember talking to him about it but it was so long ago.

Here is he ad from his site. I'd probably call him...

rice: $390 plus shipping
Finally a way to get rid of that integral bellhousing!

The wait is over. Now you can use an aftermarket SFI approved bellhousing with your T45! This is a must have part for anyone making serious power or anyone that fequently races their Mustang!

This adapter plate works with a variety of bellhousings, which means you can use it to install a T45 behind a 5.0L, 351 or even a non-Ford engine!

Includes the Bearing Retainer pictured and bolt kit

dragracingfreak

Bowtie Killer
Established Member
What I am really wondering is will this bellhousing mate to zak's adapter? Sorry if im being confused sounding, lol.

and yea ill wait for sure. Too much $$$ to get the wrong thing, lol. And this my be a thing ill do when I build a motor and get some longtubes while im at it. but I plan on at least getting the tranny built anyways and do the adapter later when I build a motor.

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Yes that one if his plates accept quicktime. I just sent him a text asking. I'll let you know.

-Mark

Users who are viewing this thread