T-trim safe for stock?

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
Found a t-trim and i was wondering if it would be ok for a stock motor if its tuned safely..i really want a s-trim but he is selling at a good price...i know the t-trim is bigger but just wanted to see if it was still ok for a stock motor setup..thanks guys

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
I do it anyways, it'll be peaky, but worth it when you're ready to up the boost.
yes keep the boost low but before you turn it up forged you engine or else kaaaboom:pepper: :rockon: :beer:

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
yea...im planning in the future to go forged internals when i can get some more $$...yea..i know i would need to keep the boost down...i was planning on running 7-9 psi anyways and get a good safe tune...im assuming 7-9 psi would be the same..or would i have to run lower than that since it is a bigger s/c?...sorry for the noob questions but running a supercharger can make or break me..haha...thanks guys

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
deff get it especially if you getting a good deal on it...as long as you keep the boost down and plan on doing a built motor it will be awesome.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I'de run 12 psi on a stock motor with a Snow methanol kit. That's just me though. Actually, now that I think about it, grow a pair of balls and run 15 psi with the Snow kit. Methanol kills all detonation.

freakshow12

Established Member
I broke mine at 10 so good luck. then therebuild is more than you think. thats why I bought a mach 1 :) cheper to get a new car than build LOL

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
yea..i got ripped on my last supercharger..soo im trying to scrap some $$ to get that t-trim...ill still make decent power with stock internals...guy told me w/ a s-trim he could tune it to 440 at the wheels with stock inj. and 480 at the wheels with 60#

blowncobra97

Established Member
buy the s-trim, throw it on the car, when you blow up that motor, rebuild and send the s-trim to vortech for 1000 bucks and have it upgraded to the t-trim

S-trim @ about 15 psi & methanol.... 500+ RWHP safely.. ain't it enough??? LOL. Seriously, stay with the smaller blower, I'm glad I did. I run a P1SC @ 6 PSI & have good torque with it, which is what you want for most street cars. The bigger D1(comparable to the T-Trim) would definately make more power at same boost levels, but less torque & run less efficient than it would @ 15 psi or more, which our stock pistons won't take for very long

marksar

Established Member
Just keep in mind you have a bad ass block and a bad ass crank... dont throw all that away for a deal on a supercharger. I've seen naturally aspirated cars throw a rod with just 400hp be careful because the factory rods and pistons suck, how many miles you got on the motor anyway? I would buy it and put it on my shelf until I could build the motor for it or sell it on ebay and make some money.

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
the guy's wife that i bought it didnt change the oil and blew the motor...he had it rebuilt and i bought it with around 10k on the rebuilt motor...it has prob. around 25k or a lil more on it right now

marksar

Established Member
simpsvt97 said:
the guy's wife that i bought it didnt change the oil and blew the motor...he had it rebuilt and i bought it with around 10k on the rebuilt motor...it has prob. around 25k or a lil more on it right now
Do you know if when they blew the motor if they put forged rods and pistons back in it, or the factory ones.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Screw spending $1000 to upgrade to a T-trim later, I'de sacrifice the efficiency for a while and get the T-trim deal while it was available. Like I said though, I'de put the Stg. 2 Snow Water/Methanol Injection kit on there and run 15 pounds with a conservated tune and not rev it much past 6500. If you're buying a new rotating assembly in the near future anyways, I wouldn't care. I'de be shooting for like 520 rwhp and live on the razor's edge. People have done it, just get it tuned by somebody who knows what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread