T/C or S/C???

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
OK....

You humored my poor joke so I'll try to give a real answer:

I'd go with Turbo if you're looking for maximum boost and you've built an engine that can take it. Less parasitic loss with a turbo and yes, you can spray with either.

Dustyn

Established Member
There is a guy that lives near hear actually Louisville. He runs a turbo setup on is camaro. I think it runs a 9.34.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
From what I've read and been told if you want to go with a blower type of forced induction on an LS1 go with a turbo but they seem to favor the giggle gas over blowers.

jak112460

Established Member
Contact Cerra Racing at 309-793-3278. They make a trick turbo unit also and have a state of the art dyno. They have a awesome C5 with their turbo on it. Ask for Mike Cerra and tell them Jeff recommended you.

CW03

Established Member
DAmn, I've never seen such, DAMN I may have to fear the bowtie! that's a sweet setup... I'm going to vote for a turbo setup as well, I've not driven my turbo 4v yet(not all my parts are here) but I spent more than 6499 on just my turbo kit.

ForceInjection

Established Member
If you do go with a supercharger...check out the Vortech...they have great performance, excellent customer service and they are very reliable.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Lets see here ;)....Turbos Rule and superchargers drool :-D

Really though i'd do a turbo, there is nothing like have turbo boost when the turbo starts to spool!:mj: I have had both on my SALEEN and i will never go baqck to a S/C or N20. You also might want to check out Turbolocity.com they are coming out with single and Twin kits for LS1s along with many others.

97 horse snake

Established Member
Originally posted by SALEEN S-351
Lets see here ;)....Turbos Rule and superchargers drool :-D

Really though i'd do a turbo, there is nothing like have turbo boost when the turbo starts to spool!:mj: I have had both on my SALEEN and i will never go baqck to a S/C or N20. You also might want to check out Turbolocity.com they are coming out with single and Twin kits for LS1s along with many others.

damn that sounds phat. do you have any pics of your setup? what size turbo are you using? what are your numbers performance wise? is your car streetable? how much did it cost you?

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by 97 horse snake
damn that sounds phat. do you have any pics of your setup? what size turbo are you using? what are your numbers performance wise? is your car streetable? how much did it cost you?

Thanks! I do have pics but they are on my other computer so i will have to get those to you when i get home. I have a single Cartech SS kit with a T76 upgrade, running 8# boost right now as the car is untuned. I have not been able to get the car dyno tune at as I have been out of the US on business. so i have no clue what kind of numbers im putting down :shrug: but will keep everyone posted. The car drives very much streetable when at low RPM/MPH numbers, but when I get into it then its a whole new world. :uh oh: I did however race a 03 Cobra last weekend and he had me out of the hole but i short shifted 1st and 2nd and pulled on and past him, so who knows :shrug:

darkcrayz

Established Member
Could someone just quickly explain the diff between a sc and a tc for me.

And does a tc kit fit onto the engine, or do you have to mod your engine for the kit?

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by darkcrayz
Could someone just quickly explain the diff between a sc and a tc for me.

And does a tc kit fit onto the engine, or do you have to mod your engine for the kit?

A supercharger is driven by a belt. Takes a little power to drive it, but in return you get a lot of power. A turbo is drivin by the exhaust so it doesn't take any power away to make power.
Centrufugal superchargers and turbos are true commpressors so it is easy to crank up the boost. Then there is the positive displacement supercharger (eaton/ kennbell) Is is actually a positive displacement pump meaning what ever goes in is what comes out. Centrafugal superchargers and turbos both have to spin fast enough to actually compress the air. Positive displacement blowers can see full boost at much lower rpms which is why the have better low end responce and are often said to be more fun for street driving. Compressors on the other hand offer tons of torque and gob loads of power at high rpm's that is unimaginable with a positive displacement supercharger. A turbo kinda looks like two centrafugal blowers combined by a shaft. One part of the turbo is part of the exhaust manifold. When the exhaust gasses spin the impellor...it turns the shaft which turns the other impellor. The impellor on the intake side compresses the air.

Users who are viewing this thread