T-Bolt upgrades?

gqneon

Established Member
I have seen people posting about upgrading to t-bolt upgrades for their pressure side on their FI cards and was curious if it's a good idea and/or necessary. I'm pretty sure I can source the t-bolts at Napa close to home if it's worth the time. Does anyone run/not run them or have good/bad experiences with them?

Last edited:

mustanginky

Established Member
On my procharger setup I swapped. Got tired of worm gear clamps popping off behind the bumper. Happened more than 5 times, and never in a convenient location. Not a problem since.

gqneon

Established Member
I'll take the safe road and just upgrade them before I live through what you guys already have. Thanks for the frozenboost link - I ordered an entire set for my pressure side just now. I'm doing parts of my blower install in phases to make the whole install seem less involved, so I won't be taking the bumper off or bolting the blower on until at least Wednesday anyhow. Hopefully the sizes I ordered are right - if not I know where to get more now.

Thanks again!

gqneon

Established Member
2015-06-17 14.37.25.jpg

Uh oh.... one of the last parts I was waiting on arrived today.

I don't have much experience painting metal - but if I hit these with a can of etching primer and then a coat of flat or satin black would it stay on these do you think?

MOTOWN M

Established Member
View attachment 44358

Uh oh.... one of the last parts I was waiting on arrived today.

I don't have much experience painting metal - but if I hit these with a can of etching primer and then a coat of flat or satin black would it stay on these do you think?

Those are stainless steel clamps so the aren't going to rust , or get discolored.

gqneon

Established Member
Just thinking they might stand out less in the grille since the intercooler is now anodized black. Think it will take paint on the visible ones or would it probably have an issue adhering? I'm notNot a painter, and I'm assuming I can screw up anything if given the opportunity haha

MOTOWN M

Established Member
Just thinking they might stand out less in the grille since the intercooler is now anodized black. Think it will take paint on the visible ones or would it probably have an issue adhering? I'm notNot a painter, and I'm assuming I can screw up anything if given the opportunity haha

Thats a good question , i would think you would have a hard time getting the paint to stick , only one way to find out!

gqneon

Established Member
I rattle canned a couple of the stainless t bolts on the intercooler sides and it will work for now. Didn't come out bad, especially since they're difficult to see in the first place.

Last edited:

gqneon

Established Member
So the t bolts are plenty strong. The hose that just seemed a little too short for the job from the kit though... Not so much. Tow truck home with that intercooler hose blown off = hump hose and coupler in my immediate future. It was about and inch too short and had to be bent but as soon as boost hit it, pop. I should trusted my gut. Lesson learned.

Users who are viewing this thread