T-Bird street racing stories?

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
not a story about my SC, but in my buddys 91 5.0L LX 5spd stang, 3 of us in the car, we roll up beside a miata with a gigantic aluminum bolt on wing.....just as i hang my head out hte window to piss him off and get a race out of him, he does a gigantic body JOLT and drops the hammer adn WEEEEEEEEE it goes, my buddy grins, down to 2nd and as if we launched from still we pass the miata noooooooo problem obvoiusly, it was just fun cuz he thought he had us beat.....

Metalbassist03

Corvette Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by Blown306
Street racing kills people. Take it to the strip where it really matters...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yeah your right, but there is always that occasion when you pull up to the light and some silly ricer, or for real car wants a piece, and you just can't say no.. Isn't there?

blown96bird

Established Member
I have had several street races

I have raced several times but usualy knock it off by 50 mph. There is no way in hell I am going faster than that on city streets. It is not even fun to race civics any more because they are all wimp's and why should I bother with the asshats. It pisses me off how they zoom in and out of trafic and cut people off and run stop signs and red lights. It makes me wish that I had my 73 buick electra runing. I would punt one when they run a stop sign and then drive off or when they go to cut me off I would catch one on the corner and spinn them off the road. It is not going to hurt a 5500 pound buick with 5 mph bumpers before the goverment rolled the standard back to 2.5 mph.

Blown306

Established Member
Originally posted by Metalbassist03
Yeah your right, but there is always that occasion when you pull up to the light and some silly ricer, or for real car wants a piece, and you just can't say no.. Isn't there?

Yes it's very tempting sometimes...but I never do it because, a) my car can be heard blocks away, 2) my gas costs $3.79 per gallon, and it's not worth wasting that on a ricer, 3) the car doesn't hook unless the tires are good and hot (ET Streets), 4) nine times out of ten, you'll beat them and let off, then they do the "ricer fly by", drive straight home and brag about their kill on all their forums. Actually, very few want to mess with my Bird, they hear the lumpy idle and exhaust, see the cage, street slicks and skinnies, and slowly drive off with their fart can between their legs. Plus, they can have their parents bail them out of jail and get them a new Civic, I have a good job, mortgage, bills, etc, etc that are at risk.

The timeslip is the real deal...no arguing the results. Plus, some little kid on bike won't venture out in front of you. To me, it's just not worth it at all. But....I do enjoy some spirited driving on the expressway or back country roads where there's no one around ;-) I just don't agree with running hard on the streets with traffic...

Blown96bird...amen brother, you summed it up nicely!

91HellCat

Established Member
I do similar as blown96bird, but to about 60mph. People pull up next to my Cougar revving their 4 bangers thinking theres a V6 in it and they learn quick that it doesn't when I nail it at the light and leave 'em while spinning 2nd gear.

Fastronald

Established Member
Street Racing

Too damn dangerous and stupid. If some fool gives me crap at a light I smile and say..........If I want any shit out of you....I'll smash your head. Now and then I ask, hey you got any money? I race for a thousand a gear.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I was working 3rd shift in Winchester Va. at Leer and when i left work it ws a perfect day. Sunny, warm...no real wind and i come to stop light and theres a older bmw 525 next to me, he keeps lunging up to the light...im like ok..sunroof open..stereo's goin..im in a good mood...lets take him. Light goes green i let him get the jump...i floor it..and before we are past the intersection we are dead even....i put a car on him...then two...then 3...he lets out..i try to...oops..my throttles stuck to the floor. I start to slam ont he brakes...nothing...i start to panic..im now doing like 85-90 in a 35mph zone at 7am on a Friday....i dont know what i was thinking but i threw it in nuetral...banged off the limter went back to drive and stomped the gas pedal then it broke free. I was friggin sweatin bullets..im sure they guy in the bmw was like this dude is crazy. I never found out why it stuck and it never did it again.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
Fastronald said:
Too damn dangerous and stupid. If some fool gives me crap at a light I smile and say..........If I want any shit out of you....I'll smash your head. Now and then I ask, hey you got any money? I race for a thousand a gear.

You my friend are a :loser:

Fastronald

Established Member
Street

LMAO at instantmessage.........someday a fireman will have to hose your tiny brain off the street or a tree when you crash and die. Try not to kill anyone but yourself.

yes you are truly a :loser:

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
Fastronald said:
LMAO at instantmessage.........someday a fireman will have to hose your tiny brain off the street or a tree when you crash and die. Try not to kill anyone but yourself.

yes you are truly a :loser:

Dude your a complete moron. You said that if you dont like someone then you will bash their heads in? lol better get that head of yours checked.

flatblack5.0

breakin stuff since 04
Established Member
raced an 80's porsche, and stayed half a car ahead...not sure what kinda porsche, it was a 911/carrera type body. that was cool. and at the next light he was like nice car kid...

600RRgoal

Established Member
i have a completely stock '93 tbird LX.. raced a '95 v6 camaro with mods and WON.. also raced a brand new civic and WON

Users who are viewing this thread