T-56

delmarsteelers

Established Member
I recently changed my stock shifter to a MGW Shifter looks and feels better, but I think I might have been missing a part. Is there a part that goes to the ball on the bottom of the shifter. I know that there was one on my old gt t3650. I know that the guy before me swapped out the shifter and he must have left it on the other shifter if there was one.

thanks for any info you have

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I don't think the T56 has one. You are thinking about a little plastic bushing that goes in the hole, right? I was looking for this too but I don't think they use it on the T56.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I pulled the stock shifter on my T-56 two weeks ago, and it had the little cup busing you are talking about.

repsol

Established Member
I ordered a hurst last week but wisely am returing it for
the mgw seems like the"in" thing.I already messed with
my stock shifter.The bushing is there.When the other
person took out the original on yours it probably fell off :coolman:

delmarsteelers

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I thought there must have been one. When I bought this car used it had 9,000 miles on it and by the time it had 12,000 miles the throw out bearing went out in it and Ford replaced it. Didn't really know why and they had no reasons either. Now I am hearing a noise in the tranny like a throw out bearing, d@mn it. I just changed the shifter 300-400 miles ago and I have not been speed shifting it. Leasons learned if it seems wrong it probably is.

delmarsteelers

Established Member
I went to Ford to get that plastic coupling part for my Tranny that goes at the other end of your stick shift and they can't find it. Do you guys have a part number? Ford is so stupid sometimes. I am also looking for the plastic screw that goes on the S/C Pulley. Early in the year Ford used a metal screw and then started using a plastic screw. Of course, Ford has no screw of any kind on their records. Does anyone have any part number on that too. I know I am asking alot!

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
When I took out the T-45 the plastic cup copuld easily be removed... on the new T-56 the plastic cup appears to be glued into the assy... I had a new Hurst installed when the T-56 was swapped and when I later removed it to check for proper install due to notchiness in Neutral I thought the cup was missing as well because it was fixed into the the trans. Maybe the cup is there but cannot be removed easily.

Users who are viewing this thread