T-56 Tri-Ax question

Leedog

Clan SVT
Established Member
I bought a triax off an svtp member, and am putting it in now. He sent a ?washer? with it, and I dont know where it belongs. I didn't get the instructions. I am not sure if it is a shim for somewhere, or a washer. it is about the size of a half dollar, a few mm thick with a hole the size of a quarter in the middle. Anyone help me?

SpectorV

Established Member
My steeda, in my old T-5 car, came with a washer as well. It is used to slide over the shifter handle to help prevent the handle bolt on location from tearing the boot, i would leave it off as it rattles. I would also throw a bit of sound deadener over the shifter cuz steeda is a bit noisy.

Leedog

Clan SVT
Established Member
Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I was trying to jam that damn thing everywhere, and that's where it goes??? HAHA, thanks for the info.

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
Sorry leedog, I guess I could have just left it all bolted together so you could see how it went.

Leedog

Clan SVT
Established Member
:shrug: no man, its cool. I just didn't remember it being on my 96 t-45 tirax. After looking, it appears as if it goes under the handle, and then below the rubber shifter boot, maybe to keep the area between the "stops" and the shifter from grabbing that rubber boot on shifts. IDK, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread