T-56 SN95 Cobra Users- Questions

Bishop03

4v+DOHC=Big Power
Established Member
Good morning from the west coast. I have a T56( bought the car with it). A few months ago speedo stopped working. It's been stalling ever since. I thought the throttle needed adjustment- nope, EGR and IACV and O2 replaced-Nope. ABS light now on. There is Dallas speed cal installed and believe it's pooched.

I am going to take the Speed Cal out & replace the VSS and get my SCT Tuner to adjust for the 4;56 gears . My questions are;

1) I bought a new speed sensor, but it would be for a 96 cobra, do I need one specific to the transmission(t-56) and would that be compatible with the ECU for the SN95 Cobra?

2) Do you think fixing the speedo issue by going back to stock and replacing the VSS will solve the stalling and possibly the ABS light issue?

3) In terms of adjusting for the new ratio I have two of the three variables, old ratio 3;27, new ratio 4;56 but what about the ratios on the T56?

Thanks

Bish

MysticChaos

Established Member
Good morning from the west coast. I have a T56( bought the car with it). A few months ago speedo stopped working. It's been stalling ever since. I thought the throttle needed adjustment- nope, EGR and IACV and O2 replaced-Nope. ABS light now on. There is Dallas speed cal installed and believe it's pooched.

I am going to take the Speed Cal out & replace the VSS and get my SCT Tuner to adjust for the 4;56 gears . My questions are;

1) I bought a new speed sensor, but it would be for a 96 cobra, do I need one specific to the transmission(t-56) and would that be compatible with the ECU for the SN95 Cobra?

2) Do you think fixing the speedo issue by going back to stock and replacing the VSS will solve the stalling and possibly the ABS light issue?

3) In terms of adjusting for the new ratio I have two of the three variables, old ratio 3;27, new ratio 4;56 but what about the ratios on the T56?

Thanks

Bish

The speedo not working is more than likely the cause of the stalling when coming up to lights. The speed sensor sends a signal to the computer letting it know how fast the car is traveling and it adjusts the idle accordingly. The speed cal is probably your culprit. My car was doing the same thing when my speed cal stopped working. I called Dallas Mustangs and they said it was probably bad, so I replaced it and it's worked fine ever since.

Bishop03

4v+DOHC=Big Power
Established Member
I had the Dallas SpeedCal taken out and returned to stock and now when the car is doing like 2 mph it reads 100 mph. Can not drive it because I do not want to break it. I have researched this and I have not seen this problem. Any ideas?

Bishop03

4v+DOHC=Big Power
Established Member
Me nor the mechanic I get to do the work want to take it outside the parking lot in fear that we will break the speedo as it take little to pin it. It stalls on when gliding up to a stop and we need to get this problem figured first. Is it normal that when you put a steep gear in that the speedo would be so sensitive?

Users who are viewing this thread