T-56 Problems

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
So i pull into work today and im halfway up the driveway and i can't get the car out of 4th, i eventually just try to move in 4th and it starts to go and stalls cause i didn't give it enough gas. Pulled it into a spot and played with the gears, goes around nicely but hung up in 4th again. So now its stuck in 4th and i have no idea what the problem is, any ideas? i need some help because i can't get it out, therefore cannot drive it. Its a new T-56 with 6 months of driving on it, no track time, just the occational sprint on the street. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I would think shift forks. Thats what was causing my t45 to hang in 3rd gear. I would call D&D Performance and ask them, they are the t56 experts.

ogc

Established Member
eek... yah it deffinately sounds like a shift fork... Do you have a short throw shifter with stops on there? If not have you banged 4th hard a few times?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The T56 has internal stops. Not to mention they have steel shift forks that are supposed to be very strong. Something may have been assembled wrong. A Viper spec should be able to take tons of punishment and never break anything, especially considering you haven't had it at the track and it's only 6 months old.

You will have to beat it out of gear. I had to do that with my t45 and once I got it out it would shift fine until I would try to powershift. Hit it very hard with your hand with the clutch pushed in until it pops out. That should allow you to drive it.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
shouldn't be a shift fork because it goes into third and works fine there. when i destroyed the shift fork in my t45 i couldn't use 3rd or 4th, i posted this in the terminator driveline forum also, nd someone said it was a shift dog, whatever that is.

Users who are viewing this thread