T-56 help!!???

Venom_Cobra

Venom_Cobra
Established Member
I have taken my car to ford for a vibration problem that started not too long ago and persisted after having the tires balanced and the alignment done. After a few dead ends they called svt and they told them to look at the transmission and they found that the 5 and 6th gear was messed up. Now they are saying I have too much torque, 495 , going through my car. Is this true and if not how much torque can the t-56 take?

Thanks
Gary

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Venom_Cobra said:
they are saying I have too much torque, 495 , going through my car. Is this true and if not how much torque can the t-56 take?

:lol: that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! My dad has a little over 500tq at the wheels and his runs great. I have 520tq. in my 3650 and its fine. Unless you supply a beatdown on your tranny, "too much torque" at 495 is nonsense.

Jockcobra

Powered by BOOST
Established Member
I dont know if thats true. But, I've been pushing well over 500tq-600tq since 2003 and mine is still hanging in there. And thats one hell of a question (what is the MAX TQ)

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
You're pullied, so the warranty's out the window. You might as well put a D&D in there. If you had just a CAI and exhaust, I'd say fight it and get a new trans under warranty, but you voided the warranty, so it's time to pay out of pocket. It sholudn't have blown, but it did, so since you're upgrading the trans, might as well do a clutch and a whipple. :D

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
call up SVT yourself and see if you can poke around and get specs to what kinds of abuse/power the T56 can take.

however trying to get this covered under warranty is a long road that will likely lead to a cliff. the car was modded pretty good, its not like you have weld-in flowmasters as youre only mod and theyre trying to say that caused it, so you really dont have much ground to stand on.

however unless something random failed, we all know the T56 can take alot more than that, but sometimes things just fail for no apparent reason.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There was a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) about the drive shaft vibe. Many were unbalanced and would start vibrating at about 70-85 mph. Mine was replaced when she was a young car (gone but not forgotten).

Users who are viewing this thread