T-56 and Stock H-pipe

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
Ok, i need to put my stock pipe back on to get a fix-it ticket signed off and i need to know if its gonna clear my T-56, my bassani does just fine but are the cats gonna cause problems? anybody have any ideas?

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
How is your triax shiter? mine is notchy going into 3rd you cant hurry it like I could in my t-45 and yes I do belive the stock pipe will fit if I remember correctly!!!

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
its pretty notchy, mainly when its cold and it gets better with some time. I can't really hurry any gear, i have to slame it in if im kinda moving fast. im toying with trying the new MGW shifter but we'll see. Thats great, i hope it fits, i also hope that the officer that signs it off thinks its quite enough with just magnapacks :coolman:

lookinfor cobra

Established Member
OOOHHHH tou had a basani x-pipe with magnapacks? did he get you for noise or smog? and thats the same shifter Im getting soon so Ill let you know....If he got you for noise you can fight it if it is under 95db its legal

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
yea, he got me for noise, he didn't notice that i didn't have cats, but saw that i didn't have a C.A.R.B EO # for my WMS so he was gonna make me get my car inspected, but let me off with the fix-it so i was happy. im getting the H put on at a local muffler shop because im too busy, so i want to see if they can give me a decible reading with the H on there, just incase the officer says its still too loud. I would fight it with the Bassani, but the pipe is still illegal so... are you getting the MGW? yea, for sure let me know how that is :beer:

Waitn4aBreak

Established Member
How much did it cost you to put in the T56? That is something that I have wanted to do for a while but it seems like it would cost a fortune. I also have BBK longtubes and an x-pipe if that would cause any problems.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
im getting ready to put in a t56 and bbk longtubes and x pipe. ill let you know how it goes when i get done if you want.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
here's my price list and parts so far
03 cobra t56 $1500(used, less than 1000 miles)
03 cobra driveshaft $270
spec stage 1 $200
speedcal er $100
bbk longtubes $430
dr gas o/r x $60 (used off ebay)
U joint $30(needed to put old yoke on new driveshaft)
Total Way too much:)

i still need o2 sensor extensions and stage 8 locking bolts before i can put the headers on. im hoping to get to the tranny next week and the headers after christmas. heres what i have been going by for the tranny swap http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=372613. let me know if you have any questions. ill post when i get the tranny done so keep your eyes open.

Users who are viewing this thread