T-56, a power robber??!?!?!?!!?

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
Does anyone know how much power you can lose by going to from the T-45 to a T-56? Ever since I switched to my T-56 I've been down power and i can't figure out why, im richer, but i don't think thats the problem.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
my car pulls harder since the t56 swap. the close gear ratios helped me alot. the t56 is heavier but not enough to notice a sotp difference. maybe you need new spark plugs or fuel filter. if you're running richer maybe the plugs are getting worn and need to be replaced. they may not be burning all the fuel in the cylinder, causing power loss and the rich exhaust.

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Maybe it runs so much smoother and it feels slower. Have you dynoed it to see if it in fact has lost power? I know the 05 GT I test drove and a 10th anniversary Cobra I drove not long ago felt kinda slow but when I looked at the speedo I was going fast, due to the smoothness of the rides compared to mine. My ride is so rough it feels like Im going faster than I really am. :lol:

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
well with the close ratios it feels fast because im through 2nd in like 2 seconds and hit third hard, but when i dynoed it, im down power. I've seen other posts i think in like new edge where guys said they lost some power, cause there is some extra rotating mass. Im not sure, it might not be that, but i changed the fuel filter last year and that made me run lean before i changed it, spark plugs are pretty new too.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
How much power did you lose exactly? From your last post, it appears that you dyno'd it before and after the t56 swap. Knowing how much you lost may be a start to finding your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread