T-45 T/O Bearing issue

LaffnJack

Established Member
Hello to all,

I have been a long time lurker, but decided to register in hopes that someone would be able to help me with my current problem. That problem is that I have gone through 4 T/O Bearings in the last 20k miles. Any reasons for this impressive failure rate would be appreciated. I do not ride the clutch petal, so that one is out. But I am open to any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
-J-

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Are you using an adjustable fire-wall adjuster for the clutch? It will give you free-play so the t/o will not be constantly spinning.

LaffnJack

Established Member
I am using the stock set-up. Complete down to the self adjusting clutch quandrant. That is part of the problem. No one that I have heard of has been frying T/O bearing at this rate.

Thanks,
-J-

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Seems to be prety common. All I have heard to solve the problem is to make sure you get a good bearing (valeo, timkin). I just changed mine on the weekend after only 3500 miles, and if I have to do it again, I may just get an aftemarket firewall adjuster and quadrant to see if it helps. :shrug:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Get the Valeo bearing from D&D performance for 20 bucks the
The bearing retainer sleeve is steel, and not aluminum.

30,000 miles on new bearing.........no problem

(valeo, timkin). The only ones to get!

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
The throw out bearing rides the tyranny’s input bearing retainer insided your bell housing. When you push in your clutch pedal, it's the throw out bearing that is pulled against the teeth of the pressure plate and removes pressure from the clutch disc. This is what "disengages" your transmission when you push the clutch pedal.

Riding the clutch could be a problem or Check under car and remove the trans dust cover (where clutch cable goes in) With someone in car and engine running in neutral gear. Have them engage and disengage clutch, watch that the fork is releasing the bearing completely when the clutch is not engaged (Not riding)

LaffnJack

Established Member
Hey OCSnk,

Thanks for the input. I will give D&D a call. I have a possible answer for the premature bearing failure. I will let everyone know when I find out if this solves my issue. Thanks to everyone for their input.

-J-

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Originally posted by LaffnJack
Hey OCSnk,

Thanks for the input. I will give D&D a call. I have a possible answer for the premature bearing failure. I will let everyone know when I find out if this solves my issue. Thanks to everyone for their input.

-J-

Also if you say you have gone through 4 bearing, there could be damage to the trans output shaft caused by the previous failed bearings

Make sure to have the output shaft checked!!

Let us know :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread