T-45 Swap

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
Who has put a T-45 into a 01 Cobra? Im thinking about doing this and was wondering what all is involved or required in the swap?

Thanks

Russell K.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
should be able to transfer over all the sensors, driveshaft will fit fine...bolts right up...
i love mine over theh 3650....

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
OK, Thanks Quick01Snake! I cant believe it just bolts right up. I thought I would need at least a wiring harness and a few small parts here and there. I am hoping to have the T-45 drop shipped to a shop where my car is, and they will be able to perform the swap without any headaches.

-Russell

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by 01 TB Cobra
OK, Thanks Quick01Snake! I cant believe it just bolts right up. I thought I would need at least a wiring harness and a few small parts here and there. I am hoping to have the T-45 drop shipped to a shop where my car is, and they will be able to perform the swap without any headaches.

-Russell

you'll have to transfer sensors off of the 3650 to the t45, you won't be able to just unplug the harness and plug into the t45....i think there are two sensors....

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
The shop that will be handling this will know what to do as far as transferring, but all my exsisting parts will work? And there are no new parts that I would need to get before I send my car off to the shop?

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I suggest a new pilot bearing; throwout bearing, and clutch depending on the miles and condition of those existing parts.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
3650 is the stock tranny right cause i think i got it and the t45 mixed up when trying to sell my stock tranny

01 TB Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, the 3650 is the stock transmission in the 2001 Cobras. The 1999's are the ones with the t-45's.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I can think of no reason why a T45 won't go right in there with no issues. They both use an electronic speedo pickup, and they both use the same crossmember.

They do use different shifters though.

Users who are viewing this thread