T-45 question

cartec

I don’t want to be on this site anymore
Established Member
My 99 cobra svt's t-45 transmission won't let me put it in gear with the engine running and not moving. I can move it into first gear and start with the clutch in and move the car. I can shift to 2-5 while moving. And shift back into first when decelerating around 10 mph.

The third to fourth shift makes a crunch sound sometimes too.

Any ideas?

Additionally, I bought a t-45 from a first half of the year 2001 svt cobra(the metal tag tells reads YR33-7003-AA) from an auction at a storage facility for another project that never took off. Is there a way to test it outside of the car?

T

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Probably the cable. And double check the other trans. All 2001 cobras came with the 3650. There was a mid-year change in 2000 from the T-45 to the 3650 for the GT's.

wmfateam

Established Member
I had the same issues you are describing. Changed the cable and quadrant. No more problems.

cartec

Established Member
image.jpeg

Modern driveline had this info about the 2001 cobra model year. Is it wrong?

The tag on the second trans is yr33-7003-aa

I might be missing some detail though.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes. The switch was mid year 2000 for the GT. All 01 Cobras have the 3650 from the factory. People have swapped the 3650 for the T-45 in the past.

cartec

Established Member
Thanks for all the help! I wanted to post back and update everyone ... I bought a new couch cable which solved the shifting problems.

This also brought up three additional questions:

The c clip for the cable was missing; this is 4 bucks from a vender.
The bolt for the dust cover was missing; what type of bolt should I look for?
Where does the cable bolt to the frame/attachment point? The previous cable was not bolted, and the new cable has a mounting bracket near the battery tray that doesn't appear to have a good mount point.

Users who are viewing this thread