T 45 is whining need help with selecting a replacement

96vertsnake

Established Member
My mods, hp and torq #s are in my sig. Any suggestions on transmission swap? Can a T45 be built to handle the torq I'm putting out? I'm only at 16psi and I will go to 19psi along with a shot of nitrous to help the low end torq until the YSI spools up. So my guess is that I will see somewhere around 600-650 torq when done.

If I switch to a T56 would I need to change my 4.10 gears?

96vertsnake

Established Member
Yes, that's on pump gas. I hadn't considered an automatic until about a week ago. What do you do for wiring harness? Does it work with the computer on the car? Does the car need to be tuned to run with an auto?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Promotion built T45

x4

As for the whine..probably just the input shaft bearing..mine has a whine to it as well [sound kinda like a realllly quiet faceplated trans] but hasn't skipped a beat yet.

However I have tried slamming a gear yet since I installed it.

mystical

Established Member
Yes, that's on pump gas. I hadn't considered an automatic until about a week ago. What do you do for wiring harness? Does it work with the computer on the car? Does the car need to be tuned to run with an auto?

I had a manual vb in mine so no need to worry about computer or tuning issues. At your power level an auto would probably be best but it all depends on what your plans are with the car.

Last edited:

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
do the auto swap if its just a drag car or cruising car. auto is fun though it makes your car feel 2x more powerful. just run a manual vb, thats what im running and love when i do the 2-3 shifts and just roast the tires at 100+ thats with 3.27 in the back end

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
do the auto swap if its just a drag car or cruising car. auto is fun though it makes your car feel 2x more powerful. just run a manual vb, thats what im running and love when i do the 2-3 shifts and just roast the tires at 100+ thats with 3.27 in the back end

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
The guys which are voting for the promotion T-45 I was just wondering how much money would I have in one and what kind of power can they handle??

Users who are viewing this thread