System Post Install Pics

jjscobra18

Established Member
Got everything tore apart and realized i should have took some pics for people, but here is the finished product. Still need to run the bass remote up front hide the ipod wire and mount the box down. Wiring is not as clean as i would have liked it but I do this for a hobby and learning I am not a professional. Between building the box running wiring, soldering and heat shrinking everything, I started on a Friday and finished up the next Friday with the time i had after work each day.

subboxcobra.jpg

cobratrunk2.jpg

cobratrunk.jpg

cobraindash3.jpg

cobraindash2.jpg

cobraindash.jpg

cobrafrontseat.jpg

jjscobra18

Established Member
NICE setup.

Love your background on your HU btw. :lol:

Thanks it actually turned out better then i expected sound wise. I wanted to keep it in stock form as much as possible so i just ran 6x8's in the stock locations was worried about the highs and midbass but it sounds great at all listening levels the 12 does a great job of producing all the bass and accuracy of notes (the box is designed specifically for the speaker got all the box measurements from Fi Audio). I got about 7-8 Terminator backgrounds including my avatar to the left, that ill probably cycle through from time to time. This one thats on there now i had to do a little altering to in paint in order to make it look right.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Is that the P4200DVD? Cant read it. Just installed the X920BT in mine. It is so amazing. Put new components in too. Found a shop that did it all for $300 including removing the Mach460. So glad I didnt attempt it myself

Another splash screen:

Avic-backgroundred11.jpg

Last edited:

jjscobra18

Established Member
Is that the P4200DVD? Cant read it. Just installed the X920BT in mine. It is so amazing. Put new components in too. Found a shop that did it all for $300 including removing the Mach460. So glad I didnt attempt it myself

Thanks for the splashscreen man! Yea its a 4200dvd i have a gps so i didnt really car bout one with it built in if i ever wanted i can add it to this one. Ahh come on man i helped ya out with some info on doing it all there is nothing too it lol naw man thats really not a bad price if they took all the mach system out as well as install the new stuff now that i think about it. These indashs really are great and give a real nice look to the interior that the stock unit kind of lacks lol.
Another splash screen:

Avic-backgroundred11.jpg

looks great, but lord I couldnt justify adding that much weight to the car! love that head unit also!

Thanks the head unit is great if you dont have one i highly suggest it lol. I thought about it for a sec then realized im not going to be racing this car its my weekend toy and if ever i change my mind i can have it and the entire rear seat out in about 10 mins for weight reduction. One day i would like to go turbo though but thats about as wild as i wanna go but other then that i dont really ever see this being a 1/4 mile car, i'll get another fox body for that:)

Wow man that box is HUGE!

The sub it has to hold is HUGE lol Its a 12" sub.

jjscobra18

Established Member
what steering wheel is that??

The Mystichrome steering wheel same as the 10th anniv steering wheels just mystic leather instead of carbon fiber I've never really thought about it. Its different from the reg fr500 steering wheel in the cobras, or I'm assuming that the reg steering wheels in the cobras are the fr500's, if so what are these found in the mystic's and 10th anniv? Anyone with any input?

Spoolx

Established Member
So this thread inspired me to change the background on my p4200.. I upload cool pics to my USB drive and then.. nothing, its gotta be on a SD card.. how lame is that.. of course the SD cards I do have are all mini.... LAME

Users who are viewing this thread