Synthetic Oil Q

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What would be an ideal time to switch over to synthetic's. Do the benefits of synthetic oil out weigh the cost. I realize synthetic oil does not break down as fast and one benefit is a longer life. Althought, my baby will still get regular 5000km oil changes...........is it worth it then??

Thanks

Slobra

Established Member
I change mine every 1000-1500 with synthetic blend. If you change it that often, there is no need to pay the extra for synthetic.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Do a search - ton of threads on this.
I'm going to full synthetic at the next change; around 5K miles.

Snake'n Kitty

SVT Guy
Established Member
Switched from Ford syn-blend to Mobil 1 full syn @ 10K miles, per SVT recommendation and immediately picked-up 2-3 highway mpg! Mileage improvement pays for syn oil @ 3K mile change intervals, plus you get all the other benefits of full syn. oil (plus a few extra HP!).

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake'n Kitty
Switched from Ford syn-blend to Mobil 1 full syn @ 10K miles, per SVT recommendation and immediately picked-up 2-3 highway mpg! Mileage improvement pays for syn oil @ 3K mile change intervals, plus you get all the other benefits of full syn. oil (plus a few extra HP!).

What blend of Mobil?

Snake'n Kitty

SVT Guy
Established Member
Mobil 1 5w-30. Be sure to break-in your motor per SVT recommendation w/ dino oil or syn blend first. 3 oil changes/10K miles (I've heard this from 3 different SVT/dealer sources). I'll be on the dyno Sunday to record any HP improvement from complete break-in & switch to full syn. oil.

Users who are viewing this thread