synchros...Going price??

GoneN60

Established Member
I have an MT82 and my 5th gear synchro is gone. Having a blower installed and plan to send my transmission to revolution automotive to have it beefed up. I want to also have my 5th gear synchro replaced. They told me that I would only be paying for parts and not labor. I just want to know about how much does the 5th gear synchro cost? Thanks!

scott_0

Established Member
what did they quote you? I take my car in mt82 issues, if they deny warranty I'll either have Rev Auto rebuild it or do a T56........

Zemedici

Established Member
They wont be putting in factory stuff, but the factory synchros arent the cheapest

Last edited:

GoneN60

Established Member
what did they quote you? I take my car in mt82 issues, if they deny warranty I'll either have Rev Auto rebuild it or do a T56........

$899 plus the price for replacement parts. I also thought about switching to a T56 but dont have the funds right now. If you have any drivetrain mods most likely your warranty may be denied.

scott_0

Established Member
$899 plus the price for replacement parts. I also thought about switching to a T56 but dont have the funds right now. If you have any drivetrain mods most likely your warranty may be denied.

thanks, I removed the shifter and bracket, still have a ss clutch line however, no other drivetrain mods at all........

GoneN60

Established Member
Hopefully you should be fine. I replaced my driveshaft and shifter also so if warranty won't cover it im sending it off for rebuild.

Zemedici

Established Member
Hopefully you should be fine. I replaced my driveshaft and shifter also so if warranty won't cover it im sending it off for rebuild.

No sane dealer will link a driveshaft to a a failed synchro.

That being said I would try the dealer first

scott_0

Established Member

guess we'll see, I just dropped it off at the dealership

Users who are viewing this thread