Sync & Phone Calls In GT500

avj75

Established Member
I'm seriously thinking about buying a 2010 or 2011 GT500 and wanted to know what's been your experience with the clarity of the Microsoft Sync system when speaking/dialing hands free on your cell phone? Are people on the other side hearing you fine in the Shelby or is it no good? Feedback would be great b/c this would be a deciding factor on whether or not to move forward with this. Thanks.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Stock exhaust.

By the end of the weekend ill have some new mufflers installed. SO I will get back with you on that.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Its better than my aftermarket bluetooth system in my Titan and FAR better than the BT in my wife's Acura. I think its great, but those two cars are the only experiences I have with BT hands free.
The only complaint I have is that the buttons on the steering wheel are kinda poorly laid out. There's a phone button on the steering wheel, but instead of being able to just hit that and skip directly to "call name here" and skip through the rest of the Sync system, it's only able to redial your last call.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Oh and by the way, unless you plan to run long tubes, open X-pipe and no mufflers, I can't imagine it effecting the BT system negatively. But in that case, your not gonna be able to make a phone call on your phone without the BT either.
I really think the 10+ Mustangs are very quiet on the inside, even from road noises.

96slowbra

Established Member
Its better than my aftermarket bluetooth system in my Titan and FAR better than the BT in my wife's Acura. I think its great, but those two cars are the only experiences I have with BT hands free.
The only complaint I have is that the buttons on the steering wheel are kinda poorly laid out. There's a phone button on the steering wheel, but instead of being able to just hit that and skip directly to "call name here" and skip through the rest of the Sync system, it's only able to redial your last call.

my car has nav and you can switch the voice to advanced and she doesn't talk so much, just the beep then she listens. but i wouldn't know on non-nav cars

2Sharpie

Established Member
Oh and by the way, unless you plan to run long tubes, open X-pipe and no mufflers, I can't imagine it effecting the BT system negatively. But in that case, your not gonna be able to make a phone call on your phone without the BT either.
I really think the 10+ Mustangs are very quiet on the inside, even from road noises.

Not really..........even with that monster exhaust I currently have no there no issues with hearing on my end or the other end (although my friend last night said "holy Sh*t.....are you driving your Shelby?" :burnout: But still, clear as can be!!!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
2Sharpie I think your in denial! Your exhaust is LOUD AS HELL!!! :lol:

96slowbra, I also have Nav so I can't attest for the non-nav cars either. But I didn't know that I could reduce her yappy mouth output. I wish my wife had that feature...

Still though, the "phone" button is pretty much useless. It would be very convenient to be able to just push that button and say "call" or use it to answer or hang up the phone when your already on it.

2Sharpie

Established Member
2Sharpie I think your in denial! Your exhaust is LOUD AS HELL!!! :lol:

Hahaha......maybe just a lil bit of denial - but mufflers are on order!!!

AVJ75........the Sync is great -definitely worth it.............but the MyFord Touch is going to be Awesome!

Grey03

Established Member
Not really..........even with that monster exhaust I currently have no there no issues with hearing on my end or the other end (although my friend last night said "holy Sh*t.....are you driving your Shelby?" :burnout: But still, clear as can be!!!

+1. My friends always know when I am driving the Shelby but the sync system works great. We have a Flex, Fusion and the Shelby with sync and have had no complaints about being able to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread