Sync and text message alerts

Snake40

Established Member
I use iphone 5 running latest firmware and a 2012 GT with sync without navigation. When I get a text I don't get an audible notification thru the phone or thru car speakers. The phone vibrates. That's great if its in my pocket but if its connected to USB or laying in the car I have no way of knowing if I got a text.
Is this normal or is there some update I'm missing?
Thanks for your help, Mike

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
go into the sync menu and into the phone options. there may be a setting that you dont have enabled.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I wish synch would remember my sign (Aquarius) when I ask for my horoscope. :(

turd burglar

Established Member
My droid bionic does the same thing half the time. Sync is a blessing and curse of compatibility

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The iPhones do have MAP, however the texts tone just don't play through the stereo. I can I think of a good reason why. Would you want to be constantly interrupted by back-to-back-to-back-to-back text tones? Or would you just like to listen to your badass exhaust? :D

Snake40

Established Member

CobraHuck

Established Member
My Ifgt plays the text tone through Sync while bluetooth streaming. :shrug: Idk about with the cable, haven't tried that.

I know this sounds dumb, but are you sure your phone is set for the audible tone for texts? Reason I ask is, when I first paired my Ifgt to the Sync, it wouldn't do it. Turns out I had it set to only vibrate for text even though my ringer was on and set to loud.

Snake40

Established Member
My Ifgt plays the text tone through Sync while bluetooth streaming. :shrug: Idk about with the cable, haven't tried that.

I know this sounds dumb, but are you sure your phone is set for the audible tone for texts? Reason I ask is, when I first paired my Ifgt to the Sync, it wouldn't do it. Turns out I had it set to only vibrate for text even though my ringer was on and set to loud.

I'm sure. I've been over all the settings until I was cross eyed. I get the alert tone when I'm streaming but that's my least used way of listening to music. I stream MOG and listen to Pandora mostly.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I have an iphone. That link is for Android. Thanks anyway:banana:

I have an iphone as well, clicked that link and it directed how to turn MAP on, then enable text mode. It seems to be a crippled version though- there's about 20 canned texts you can choose from and it wouldn't download from history. It also didn't alert when a text came in.
Car has nav, maybe there's another setting or two to find to make it work right.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I have an iphone as well, clicked that link and it directed how to turn MAP on, then enable text mode. It seems to be a crippled version though- there's about 20 canned texts you can choose from and it wouldn't download from history. It also didn't alert when a text came in.
Car has nav, maybe there's another setting or two to find to make it work right.

That's all mine does. Half the time those canned texts won't send....:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread