Symptoms of Blown ABS or Hydroboost - Experiences??

Silver TT

Established Member
Those who have had issues with ABS control unit or hydroboost can you tell me what you have experienced? I am trying to diagnose my current issue.

Symptoms:
1. ABS light comes on, but not all the time. When it does its usually after about 15 mins of driving.

2. Strange vibration in pedal at very low speeds. Never feel vibration at high speeds but when pulling up to a stop light or sign at 5-10mph the pedal will vibrate slightly under foot. Goes away as car stops and brakes work fine.

3. Occasionally after a fast acceleration run when I go from throttle to brake the pedal will be rock hard and I have no brakes for a split second. Quick lift and re-apply and brakes work great.

I am trying to figure out if the brake issue I've had is the ABS unit or hydroboost. I also replaced all hardware recently - new 14" Brembos in front, new rotors / pads in rear, cleaned all sensors. But this issue was occurring before new hardware and is exact same now. New hardware is awesome and car stops on a dime. Just have a hard / ineffective pedal for first second of application about 5-10% of the time and I want to fix that issue. Thanks for any advice / experiences.

Dan

big dad

Established Member
If the light is coming on check for stored codes. That will point you in the right direction. I'll take a guess that you have a sensor ring problem.

Users who are viewing this thread