SWmilar Set up? #'S

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
Yes, I searched guys but didn't find anything that I was sure of. I have a 2001 L with OBC long Tubes and resonators and just bought the sct maf2600 and the 4# lower with the egr delete. Do you know what I should expect with this set up with an aggressive tune from lfp?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yes, I searched guys but didn't find anything that I was sure of. I have a 2001 L with OBC long Tubes and resonators and just bought the sct maf2600 and the 4# lower with the egr delete. Do you know what I should expect with this set up with an aggressive tune from lfp?

A blown motor.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
i already had them write the tune there shipping it off to me. is this a big problem? how come on one ever mentioned this before. i was under the impression that they were great and did great work.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Apparently you didn't research it very much. There are plenty of negative posts concerning their customer service and tunes on this board and others.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
i didnt research there tune i was researching the gain of the 4# lower and the headers. i will search now tho for sure. thanks for the heads up.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I had a tune from LFP, and it in NO WAY compared to the mail order tune i got from Rick at Amazon.. i would just say screw it, and either return their tuner, or just pay the fee to rick, and get a killer tune and awesome customer service.. That is, if you dont head out to PSI.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Ennis is pretty close to the DFW area so I'd go to Manny@HPP. Few friends of mine have been there and are very pleased with his tunes.

Also, I have a ported blower, 4# Lower and Longtubes and make 441/509

chrisheltra

Established Member
Also, I have a ported blower, 4# Lower and Longtubes and make 441/509

^^^Ahh no you dont. Want to compare 1/4 mile times?

This is proof dyno numbers mean nothing.

This is not a hit on you LSU because it not your fault what your tuner told you what you made on the dyno. This is just making a point I have always said dyno numbers dont mean shit.

Track times are where the real numbers are taken.

Last edited:

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
LFP doesn't know how to tune so why do they keep calling it an LFP tune. They do custom home building or something like that with this website buisness called LFP on the side. What ever the buisiness is its done out of his house. I wonder who is doing their tuning now. I know Andre from HALO was but not sure if he is still doing it. Thought I read somewhere he wasn't.........As the others have said send the tuner back and make the drive to PSI Motorsports for a solid dyno tune. If that is not an option and your stuck on a mail order then it seems Rick at Amazon has a pretty good rep. and sounds to be stand up customer service.

DolSVT00

Established Member

This is not a hit on you LSU because it not your fault what your tuner told you what you made on the dyno. This is just making a point I have always said dyno numbers dont mean shit.

Holy $#i! you finally listened.....................:burn:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member

I agree with most of this .. a dyno is a tuning tool...but have a question..

what if the driver is getting used to a new set up.. are the results going to be accurate from his first run or after he learns to drive to the power and gets better results? does weather and track prep figure onto the results at the track and what are people supposted to do who will never go to the track with their vehicles or those who have little to no expereince going down the track but want HP and TQ #s

when a dyno is used as a tuning tool is the tuner NOT supposed to give the results to the customer?

I know that you guys down there all race regularely and practice and experience goes a long way with any set up ..but you are only as good as the day you play and there are so many factors involved with a run down the track..and if dyno #s mean nothing why do we all include them in our sigs along with the track times?

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
I agree with most of this .. a dyno is a tuning tool...but have a question..

what if the driver is getting used to a new set up.. are the results going to be accurate from his first run or after he learns to drive to the power and gets better results? does weather and track prep figure onto the results at the track and what are people supposted to do who will never go to the track with their vehicles or those who have little to no expereince going down the track but want HP and TQ #s

No body will ever deny that driver experience, mods, weather and track conditions will cause a trucks time and speed to vary.

If all an owner want is his numbers than a dyno is the way to go for them but its not an accurate indication of the real power level. I can go to 5 different dyno's that are all set up the same and walk away with varying numbers.

when a dyno is used as a tuning tool is the tuner NOT supposed to give the results to the customer?

If thats what the owner wants. Some dont race others do. I on the other hand race and when my tuner tuned my truck I never knew what numbers my truck made a frankly I didnt care. The track number were all that mattered to me and like you stated a dyno is just a tool. Honestly when on a dyno Im more worried about my AF than I am my HP and TQ. IMHO a dyno is nothing more than a close approximation of where your at but the dyno numbers can also be distorted very easily. Im not at all trying to imply that you do that just stating a fact. Im sure some tuners/dyno operator do this to inflate the customers numbers to make them feel like they got their moneys worth.

I know that you guys down there all race regularely and practice and experience goes a long way with any set up ..but you are only as good as the day you play and there are so many factors involved with a run down the track..and if dyno #s mean nothing why do we all include them in our sigs along with the track times?

The only reason mine is in my sig is because I never changed it. Those numbers in my sig were from back when I was on your dyno last. That was quite a while ago. I have no clue what my numbers are now, but I know that my track times are accurate and impressive for my mods. That is the true indicator of power.

Just a little more proof

Here is DolSVT00's Sig
Vehicle: 2000 Lightning HP: 403 TQ: 479 1/4 Mile: 12.10@ 109.56

Here is mine
Vehicle: 2003 Lightning HP: 433 TQ: 522 1/4 Mile: 12.15@ 111.08

How could he be faster than me if he has less power?:shrug:

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
No body will ever deny that driver experience, mods, weather and track conditions will cause a trucks time and speed to vary.

If all an owner want is his numbers than a dyno is the way to go for them but its not an accurate indication of the real power level. I can go to 5 different dyno's that are all set up the same and walk away with varying numbers.

If thats what the owner wants. Some dont race others do. I on the other hand race and when my tuner tuned my truck I never knew what numbers my truck made a frankly I didnt care. The track number were all that mattered to me and like you stated a dyno is just a tool. Honestly when on a dyno Im more worried about my AF than I am my HP and TQ. IMHO a dyno is nothing more than a close approximation of where your at but the dyno numbers can also be distorted very easily. Im not at all trying to imply that you do that just stating a fact. Im sure some tuners/dyno operator do this to inflate the customers numbers to make them feel like they got their moneys worth.

The only reason mine is in my sig is because I never changed it. Those numbers in my sig were from back when I was on your dyno last. That was quite a while ago. I have no clue what my numbers are now, but I know that my track times are accurate and impressive for my mods. That is the true indicator of power.

that is an interesting concept...I really dont think we have even had a customer who didnt want to know the dyno results..but I do see what you are saying..

so are your track #s consistant with each time at the track or do you think there is still some room there to drive to better times? at different tracks are you still consistant to what you run at a track that you are familiar with?

chrisheltra

Established Member
that is an interesting concept...I really dont think we have even had a customer who didnt want to know the dyno results..but I do see what you are saying..

so are your track #s consistant with each time at the track or do you think there is still some room there to drive to better times? at different tracks are you still consistant to what you run at a track that you are familiar with?

I very seldom get the time to go to a 1/4 mile track so the times vary depending if I have added mods or not and also depending on weather and track prep.

But for the most part I am very consistent at the local track unless I screw something up with my launch (not warming the tires up well, accidentally leaving the truck in second gear after doing a burn out, not launching hard enough, etc......)

Users who are viewing this thread