Switching to e85?

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I have my base 91 tune and a tune ready for e85. Do I need to recalibrate my A/F gauge? If so can some one educate me on it?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
If it's just reading lambda, there's nothing you have to do. That's how mine is (lc1 WB and speedhut gauge). Just leave it alone and let it translate the lambda reading into the current gas scale. No modification of setting necessary regardless of gas or ethanol use

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
If it's just reading lambda, there's nothing you have to do. That's how mine is (lc1 WB and speedhut gauge). Just leave it alone and let it translate the lambda reading into the current gas scale. No modification of setting necessary regardless of gas or ethanol use

I have the Aeroforce sensor kit which will display lambda or A/F ratio. I have it set to read A/F now. I assume this is okay?

cj428mach

Established Member
I have the Aeroforce sensor kit which will display lambda or A/F ratio. I have it set to read A/F now. I assume this is okay?

Alan it probably depends on what Don wants to see in the logs. As for your benefit you can just leave it reading in AFR if thats whats easiest for you to work with. Your readings on the wideband should mirror what you see when running on Gas. The wideband maybe reporting a 14.6 at idle but on e85 its actually an AFR of 9.76 (stoich). The reason being is your wideband is just reporting stoich in the form of a voltage, the formula you put into your gauge/sensor is what converts that voltage into the readings you're familar with.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Alan it probably depends on what Don wants to see in the logs. As for your benefit you can just leave it reading in AFR if thats whats easiest for you to work with. Your readings on the wideband should mirror what you see when running on Gas. The wideband maybe reporting a 14.6 at idle but on e85 its actually an AFR of 9.76 (stoich). The reason being is your wideband is just reporting stoich in the form of a voltage, the formula you put into your gauge/sensor is what converts that voltage into the readings you're familar with.

Yeah Don said it would be fine. I was reading a article at Trick Tuners and was giving it some thought.

http://www.tricktuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200

Users who are viewing this thread