Switching to drag wheels, now which tires??

06 F150

Established Member
Just purchased a set of 17x4.5/15x10 race stars for my car that I plan to run all the time. just seeing what everyone is running or recommends for tires. I would prefer 28" in the front, car is a m6 and is far from a dd ( had it 4 years only has 8k miles) but will see occasional 50-60 mile trips.
Also, should I run into issues when installing the sway bar relocation brackets being that I already have BMR lower control are relocating brackets installed.
Thanks

1320 MAN

Established Member
Last edited:

Holovacko

Established Member
The ET Fronts are Bias-ply... The ET Street R, for the rear are too. You might get away, just driving back and forth to the track, but I wouldn't daily drive them. M/T does make a 28" front radial,

Vert

Established Member
I wouldn't run a 28" tall rear tire if you plan on hitting the 1320 very much. You'd be better off with a 26" rear.

06 F150

Established Member
I wouldn't run a 28" tall rear tire if you plan on hitting the 1320 very much. You'd be better off with a 26" rear.

I was planing on switching to a 28" since I am pretty much on the rev limiter now crossing through the traps. I'm running a 26x9.50x16 Hoosier QTP's on 16x7 v6 mustang wheels. And that was with just and off-road xpipe, cia, and a tune. Since I've been to the track last time I've added the mods in my sig. So I'm guessing my mph will go up and will be needing the extra height in the tire to compensate for that.

Any info on rubbing issues when installing sway bar relocation brackets?

1320 MAN

Established Member
The "R" offers both bias and radial types. The R2 compound is the radial technology and the M5 and X5 is the bias. It gets confusing with all these new tires.

nate-roth

Established Member
I have the same size wheels with 275/60 MT drag radial SS series and the MT 28" radials up front. It's a good combo, drives really nice and with 600rwhp I can dead hook on almost any surface from a 5mph roll. I do have the front sway bar disonnected which helps with traction.

Users who are viewing this thread