Switching out Torsen for something more drag friendly

sdoo500

Established Member
Bought a track pack car with the Torsen diff and did not fully research how that would work with drag racing. I have read plenty of horror stories and am looking to replace with something better suited for sticky tire launches at the track before catastrophic failure. Car will be street driven and see some sort of F/I this winter.

My question is what would be the best differential to replace the Torsen? Eaton Trutrac? Detroit Locker? And I am not super familiar with rear end stuff so what else would I need to buy to make the swap? Looking to take advantage of black Friday deals.

sleeper02

Established Member
Im going with an Eaton Detroit True Trac on my build. Great reviews and no added maintenance or rebuilding to worry about.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Im going with an Eaton Detroit True Trac on my build. Great reviews and no added maintenance or rebuilding to worry about.

Totally different application, but i'll be going with tru-trac's on both ends of my truck for drag racing purposes.

_Snake_

Established Member
It's not as ideal as a spool or a locker, agreed. But it'll be better than the Torsen.

Mark Aubele

Established Member
They are essentially the same diff. There's no sense in switching out the Torsen for the Truetrac. Going from a Trac loc it would be worth it, but the Torsen and Truetrac have nearly identical bias ratios, and the strength is debatable.

Users who are viewing this thread