Switching from JLT to Airaid

Rochambo

Established Member
I'm going to be purchasing the airaid and selling my current JLT intake. Question is, will the car need a new tune? It's currently just running a JMS tune that came with my SCT to support my basic mods.

Hoping not..

Voltwings

Established Member
I'm going to be purchasing the airaid and selling my current JLT intake. Question is, will the car need a new tune? It's currently just running a JMS tune that came with my SCT to support my basic mods.

Hoping not..

Most intakes have different MAF diameters, meaning the tune will need to be adjusted for the New Diameter of the Airraid. Its not a matter of your car running "poorly" if you don't do this, its a matter of potentially running lean and blowing up. Its not an option when switching intakes like this.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

Hoping not..

Why are you switching?…Just curious. :beer:

Voltwings

Established Member
Lol…Didn't like that huh?

i'm all for DIY, just givin you shit ;). The worst part is my work computer blocks pictures, so i keep seeing you talk about it in that thread, but forget to look when i get home so i actually know what the hells going on haha.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
i'm all for DIY, just givin you shit ;). The worst part is my work computer blocks pictures, so i keep seeing you talk about it in that thread, but forget to look when i get home so i actually know what the hells going on haha.

Yeah, check it out and tell me what you think. By the looks of it, it should perform…I sent Shaun a PM asking if he sees any potential tuning issues, but the way I look at it, its no different than these custom 4.5-5" intakes Drew and Rev Auto are making for the CJ.
I kept the JLT MAF portion which is 4.22", and cut the 60 degree bend out of the JLT tube where it starts necking down to 80ish mm…so basically its 4+ inches from end to end….Hoping that what we see with the CJ will apply to the Boss in reference to larger diameter inductions….Figured it was worth a shot before spending more money on another intake. I've only got $20 for a 60 degree 4" coupling into this custom JLT.
When I finally get this thing on they dyno, I'd love to put a stock JLT on and compare….That will really be the only way to tell if what I did was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread