Switching Cobra from Dry to Wet ????'s >>>

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
MAJOR questions / issues - please help >>>>>

To make a long story short .....

Running a Dry NOS Post Maf setup - all the safety items are installed (heater/window switch/wot switch).

SCT multi-chip software. But the car will not tune.

PLEASE do not tell me it "should" tune. I've had some of the best tuners in the US look at the tune file and it is 100% perfect. I think just the variables with NOS is causing issues. getting the computer to add the fuel properly etc.

I only am looking for specific info pertaining to switching over to a POST Maf Wet setup. And if it's safe to do so.

I will add a 20 amp boost a pump to help. The rest of the fuel system is stock.

I realize that the 99/01 intake is not designed to flow fuel but is it still safe to do so?

How many have done this? I want 2 programs. A 75 Shot program and a 125 or 150 shot program. I really don't want to jump over the 450 mark.

Thank you in advance for your replies - happy holidays

Billy CC

Established Member
Go with a wet kit and you won't be sorry ...... Just make sure you have a good windows switch and a bottle presure gauge . Never engauge the N2O below 3800 rpm on our cars , with a wet kit you could blow you intake into pieces , believe me I know ........

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Billy C said:
Go with a wet kit and you won't be sorry ...... Just make sure you have a good windows switch and a bottle presure gauge . Never engauge the N2O below 3800 rpm on our cars , with a wet kit you could blow you intake into pieces , believe me I know ........

You must mean below 3,000 rpms. At wot and over 3k rpms you will be fine.

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
You must mean below 3,000 rpms. At wot and over 3k rpms you will be fine.

That's what I was going to say .....

Currently it flows between 3100 and 6000. And I also have a WOT switch.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Scott do you have any specific questions about a wet kit?

Its is safer than a dry kit, and your intake will be fine. As long as you do all the safety things you will be fine. WOT switch, 3k-6.5k pills, safety fuel cut-off, blow-down tube, bottle pressure cut off (some bottle warmers will just turn off if they get to hot).

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
Scott do you have any specific questions about a wet kit?

Its is safer than a dry kit, and your intake will be fine. As long as you do all the safety things you will be fine. WOT switch, 3k-6.5k pills, safety fuel cut-off, blow-down tube, bottle pressure cut off (some bottle warmers will just turn off if they get to hot).

Ya, that's pretty much what I hoped to hear. I kind of wondered also how other peoples tuning sessions have gone with a post maf wet tune with SCT as well. This is the reason I'm switching it over. Kind of like to hear they tune just fine when the fuel issue is taken out of the equation.

Also, a little worried about sucking the left rail dry.

Users who are viewing this thread